Contribute
Register

Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was right! After booting into windows i think the drivers are flagging something some where (the bios?). When I removed all graphics kexts and booted into my installer with -v opened system profiler and THERE THEY WERE! Both intel and ati were detected! I hosed my install at some point so I'm going to re-install tonight and extract the dstd and see if this is the answer we've been looking for.

:headbang:

All I did was set the install the ATI drivers then set the res to 1600x900. after that i just shut down. Having removed all of the intel and ati graphics kexts i just booted with -v. Viola both cards shown.

the dual link patch is need if you have 1600x900 (or anything over 1400x800)

If you attach your DSDT I can try.
But perhaps this is not your problem, I haven't read this whole thread to see what the problem is.

I've attached my dsdt and ioreg with and without ati detected.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    630.8 KB · Views: 206
I've had the same results as you. I did see PEGP under PEG0 when my 6490m was detected. I tried adding the dual link and device id in there but it didn't seem to have any effect. I did a search in the .ioreg for my ATI's device id 6760 and saw it under some mbp8,2 section, so i think that's the smbios we're supposed to be using. The one i've been using is for 2011 early, anyone have one for 2011 late? or know what value i have to change to make it a 2011 late? I changed the week to 42 thinking this might effect it but it didn't seem to make a difference.

I do see all my ati kext's getting loaded which includes ATIRadeonX3100, should it be trying to load that?

unless you know how to fix 8668 Warning Not all control paths return a value (_CRS)

I can't help. Sorry bud.

I just bought this laptop the other day and I'm following this topic very closely. Has anybody gotten any further to getting all components working correctly? I'm very interested to know if anybody has done a step-by-step. I have a desktop hackintosh that I've made which runs 10.7.2 perfectly so it would be nice if I could get the laptop to do the same!

Kudos to those of you who have gotten this far! Fantastic work!

:thumbup:

This is my DSDT extracted from Windows 7.

I am having trouble even booting from USB. Would very much appreciate a guide!

Attachments

• samsung-700z5b.dsl.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 172
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back