Graphics
650 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey how's it going, I'm thinking of getting the samsung 7 chronos laptop, and wanted to install mac os x on it. Here are some specs:

Intel Core i7 Processor 2675QM
802.11 bg/n WiFi, Gigabit Ethernet, BT V3.0
ATI 6750m graphics card
Backlit keyboard
Windows 7 HP (64b)
6 GB DDR3
750 GB HDD (7200 RPM) with Express Cache

I think the only major problem might be the updated processor, but anyone who's also getting this laptop and wants to collaborate on making it run mac os x.

It's coming out Oct. 2. hopefully won't run into a lot of :banghead:

Hey ysaykin,

I have the same plan as you do, but want to know what compatibility problems it'll sport before I actually buy it.
To be honest I'm quite new to the whole Hackintosh scene (yes, I've read up on this and that, don't worry), but it sounds like a lot of fun, and really practical consider you can get same or higher specs AND great OS without paying too much.

The video card should be no problem at all, it's the same one as used in current-gen Macbook Pros, but yeah, the slightly newer processor may throw on some troubles.

But if you're going through with this, then it'd be great if you could keep me updated. I'm pretty curious to know what'll work instantly and what won't or won't work at all (multi-touch trackpad, webcam, Express Cache (though I think that one will work for sure, right?), etc).

Also, side-question: seeing as how it comes with Windows 7 pre-installed, it is possible to make a separate partition for that and leave it there, right?

Let me know, thanks a bunch!
~ Fang

MDFang said:
Hey ysaykin,

I have the same plan as you do, but want to know what compatibility problems it'll sport before I actually buy it.
To be honest I'm quite new to the whole Hackintosh scene (yes, I've read up on this and that, don't worry), but it sounds like a lot of fun, and really practical consider you can get same or higher specs AND great OS without paying too much.

The video card should be no problem at all, it's the same one as used in current-gen Macbook Pros, but yeah, the slightly newer processor may throw on some troubles.

But if you're going through with this, then it'd be great if you could keep me updated. I'm pretty curious to know what'll work instantly and what won't or won't work at all (multi-touch trackpad, webcam, Express Cache (though I think that one will work for sure, right?), etc).

Also, side-question: seeing as how it comes with Windows 7 pre-installed, it is possible to make a separate partition for that and leave it there, right?

Let me know, thanks a bunch!
~ Fang

Anyone got this working? Would love to know, I'm currently trying to get OSX on my series 7. Thanks

I actually picked one of these up. I really like the look and feel of this machine.

I got lion installed. So far only the usb on the right side works post login. Trackpad/Keyboard work with ApplePS2Controller.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and a rolled back IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext that i extracted from multibeast.

I've only gotten the Intel HD 3000 onboard graphics to work. I've yet to even see the Radeon card even recognized as being in the machine.

You can get graphics with normal color in framebuffer mode at 1024x732 but as soon as i do the dsdt GFX0 edits for dual link and enable the kexts, i get full qe/ci but the screen is like 10x too bright. Trying to find a fix for this now.

At one point i did have the webcam working. Once my graphics issues are fixed i'll move on to the webcam and left side usb's.

It's got the Intel Centrino wifi card. It doesn't work and i'm not sure if it ever will if i've read correctly.

I've only gotten it to boot via usb. Even after installing chameleon, I still can't boot from an internal hd. Not sure if it's because of the GUID partition type, ignorance on my part
or a mixture of the two.

If you get it successfully installed and your mouse and keyboard work but it says they're undetected, you'll need to remove

Code:
		<string>DeviceSection</string>
		<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

from
/System/Library/CoreServices/Setu pAssistant.app/Contents/Info.plist

Thanks for the info m4xx. I'm sure there's a way to get everything working, just need to keep working at it. Out of curiosity how did you install Lion? Did you use iboot? And did you install directly from scratch or upgrade from SL.

Thanks

Just jumping in here, wanting to say that it's cool to see so much progress has been made already! Best of luck to you all!

@jimbolaia: You said you got your card to detect once? I'll buy you a beer if you can get it to happen again and extract the dsdt and ioreg stuff for me ;D

I installed win7 on the first partition. At first the ATI card wasn't detected and I only got 1024x728 with the intel hd 3000. After I installed the ATI drivers I got full resolution of 1600x900. After I was done poking around I rebooted into my lion install and there it was! It saw my ati card, it tried to the ati x3000 kext but couldn't. It also said display at 1 or something similar. (I'll get the exact line at lunch.) I'm also going to try to remove my dsdt and all the graphics kexts from /s/l/e and see if i can get a frame buffer with the radeon card, maybe it'll be in my dsdt dump too!? While in windows I also saw that the radeon was on pci1 and the intel was on pci2. Perhaps we could use a graphics string to get this to work?

@jimbolaia can you confirm this behavior of the ATI card being detected by osx after being loaded by windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back