Contribute
Register

Samsung Series 7 Chronos laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
piddles125 said:
I Finally figured out how to get it installed. Now i am having trouble getting it to display correctly. I only shows a segment of the screen, and the graphics are barley visable through blue and red static. Any thoughts?
hello can u pls tell us how u got it installed? if i can get it installed maybe i can help with the graphics problem!

me3 said:
piddles125 said:
I Finally figured out how to get it installed. Now i am having trouble getting it to display correctly. I only shows a segment of the screen, and the graphics are barley visable through blue and red static. Any thoughts?
hello can u pls tell us how u got it installed? if i can get it installed maybe i can help with the graphics problem!

When i posted this i was working on getting 10.7.2 I decided to work on getting 10.6.3 installed. I have been able to get 10.6.3 installed in a much more usable mannor. There is still some issues with it but its our best chance so far. Check out my post:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=50294&p=312735#p312735

If we can get 10.6.3 installed first maybe we can come up with a procedure to upgrade to 10.7.2 or .3

m4xx said:
I actually picked one of these up. I really like the look and feel of this machine.

I got lion installed. So far only the usb on the right side works post login. Trackpad/Keyboard work with ApplePS2Controller.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and a rolled back IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext that i extracted from multibeast.

I've only gotten the Intel HD 3000 onboard graphics to work. I've yet to even see the Radeon card even recognized as being in the machine.

You can get graphics with normal color in framebuffer mode at 1024x732 but as soon as i do the dsdt GFX0 edits for dual link and enable the kexts, i get full qe/ci but the screen is like 10x too bright. Trying to find a fix for this now.

At one point i did have the webcam working. Once my graphics issues are fixed i'll move on to the webcam and left side usb's.

It's got the Intel Centrino wifi card. It doesn't work and i'm not sure if it ever will if i've read correctly.

I've only gotten it to boot via usb. Even after installing chameleon, I still can't boot from an internal hd. Not sure if it's because of the GUID partition type, ignorance on my part
or a mixture of the two.

If you get it successfully installed and your mouse and keyboard work but it says they're undetected, you'll need to remove

Code:
		<string>DeviceSection</string>
		<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

from
/System/Library/CoreServices/Setu pAssistant.app/Contents/Info.plist

Can you explain how you got it to display from the Intel HD 3000? I've not been able to do this on SL or Lion. Honestly Snow Leopard seems like its easier to work with as of now.

I have the laptop here aswell, trying to get Lion working.
Was wondering if any of you got any further with this ?

What would be the DSDT to use ?
And is there a ktext that works with the wifi adapter ?

I recently picked up a Series 7 as well.

Wondering if there has been any new progress.

Do the new macbook series help with the support for the Samsung Chronos hardware wise ?

Hello there!

I have a NP700Z5A-S03FR and would like to install High Sierra on it.
As I am totally new to hackintosh scene, I got some informations from the FAQ and laptop compatibility (seems to be hard with Samsung because of eDP and other funny stuff :D)

I have follow the guide to create an USB key and start the process.

The USB boot fine but during the first loading screen (with the Apple logo), the screen is stuck with a "forbidden" icon.
I am guessing if this is a graphic card issue (discrete graphics card here, Intel HD3000 + Radeon 6750M) because if I put the "-v" flag, the screen is borked :(

Maybe someone has found a walkaround?

Many thanks in advance!

Hello there!

I have a NP700Z5A-S03FR and would like to install High Sierra on it.
As I am totally new to hackintosh scene, I got some informations from the FAQ and laptop compatibility (seems to be hard with Samsung because of eDP and other funny stuff :D)

I have follow the guide to create an USB key and start the process.

The USB boot fine but during the first loading screen (with the Apple logo), the screen is stuck with a "forbidden" icon.
I am guessing if this is a graphic card issue (discrete graphics card here, Intel HD3000 + Radeon 6750M) because if I put the "-v" flag, the screen is borked :(

Maybe someone has found a walkaround?

Many thanks in advance!

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back