Contribute
Register

Samsung Series 5 Ultra - Successfully Install Mountain Lion, but multibeast failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI x299 SLI Plus
CPU
Intel Core i7 7800x
Graphics
Saphire Radeon Vega Pulse 56 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys,

First, let me apologise for any english mistakes that may happen, sorry.

I used the unibeast + multibeast guide to get it on my Samsung Series 5 Ultra core i7, and it all went ok, finished instalation successfully. But when i tried to install multibeast, all the ways that you can imagine, it always get me to the "failed to install" screen.

It's my first hackintosh and im sorry if im kind of lost, but i dont know what to do right know, how can i proceed to get it 100 % working.

I know right now that there are some features like my wireless card wont work, lack of suppor by the OS itself, and no problem with that, if i don't get it working, ill buy another one (USB or an internal one that could work).

Other thing that i have done is install bridgehelper, since my processor is an Ivy Bridge, but it got kernel panic and now i'm starting it all over again, but the multibeast failed to install persists.

My Ultrabook config:

Samsung Series 5 Ultra - model np530u3c
Intel Core i7 3517U 1.9Ghz Ivy Bridge - 4Gb DDR3
Intel HD 4000
Intel Panther Point HM76
Realtek ALC269

Hi greglopes, what guide did you use? I'd like to install ML on my Samsung Series 5 (the model with core i5 and HD3000 graphic) but I read that there are many problems during the installation (kernel panic).

hi, i followed this guide, with unibeast set as legacy USB Support on and laptop support on.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

But now the hardest thing is to get things working. Using Kext utility and a file from this post::

http://www.osx86.net/10-8-mountain-...-10-8-2-asus-n53sn-n53sv-n53sm-notebooks.html

I could get the sound working, but there is nothing telling how to get it(ALC269) working perfectly, my headphones were dead, only main speakers were good.

And its been a busy week too, ill do some more research to learn more about it and try to get it good. But if someone could help, it would be good =)

I followed the guide and I've installed ML on SSD ExpressCache. Audio doesn't work and video works only in HDMI. I've tried to install Multibeast and it returned an error. After Multibeast, ML not working and when I try to boot it, I receive some errors about missing threads and at least appears the message "cpu halted" and system turn off.
Now I try to reinstall ML...:banghead:

Do you use an external monitor or your graphic cards works perfectly?
How can I install Chimera without having problems?

I successfully installed multibeast, checking only the options "dsdt user free" and checking intel graphics in drivers... but when i restart, still the video is the generic driver with a 1024 x 768 resolution. any ideas? sound still dead.

Other thing: there's two partitions in my hd, one for windows 8 (and i dont want to delete it, since is a original copy) and other for ML. but i never get chamaleon installed. any ideas on how can i have a boot options screen trying this configuration?

I tried a lot of Kext with different result (HDMI works in FullHD but laptop monitor is dead, or works laptop monitor with 1024x768 resolution but HDMI don't works)... I can start ML only with usb-stick plugged in (if I remove it, windows 8 start normally). In my opinion the problem is the installation of chamaleon because ML can't load org.chamaleon.boot.plist from usb-stick.

I dont think that this is the problem. Following exactly this guide, http://www.osx86.net/10-8-mountain-...-10-8-2-asus-n53sn-n53sv-n53sm-notebooks.html, i could get the video working(at least the apple logo in start screen were no longer white/grey, but with a lot more colors and resolution), but keyboard, USBs and trackpad were dead. Since i couldnt even connect any usb mouse or usb keyboard... i tried everything i could do to fix it, but nothing worked, so i restarted the proccess all over again.

The bootloader problem is just to get the system working from your partition, as long as you select the partition with ML, even starting with your usb stick, i believe that the boot file will be loaded. probally we cant get the OSs option screen(so we can start with windows or ML) 'couse the system load the SSD first, and since windows bootloader is there...

and i can be talking a lot of **** too, couse i'm not an expert haha =P

=(

Try to boot with -x flag, in this mode keyboard and USB-ports will work. Now I have a problem with OSX partition and I have to reinstalling ML.

PS: try this kext for touchpad (http://www.osx86.net/view/2995-asus_k53sc_mountain_lion_package.html) download Extensions_ML and load the kext ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext, let me know if it works ;)

ok, what i've done so far:

Installed ML 10.8

Deleted the Kexts:

AMD
- AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext
- AMDRadeonVADriver.bundle
- AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

- AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext
- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGA.plugin
- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle
- AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsVADriver.bundle
- AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
- AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
- AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
- AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
- AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

ATI
- ATI2400Controller.kext
- ATI2600Controller.kext
- ATI3800Controller.kext
- ATI4600Controller.kext
- ATI4800Controller.kext
- ATI5000Controller.kext
- ATI6000Controller.kext
- ATIFramebuffer.kext
- ATIRadeonX2000.kext
- ATIRadeonX2000GA.plugin
- ATIRadeonX2000GLDriver.bundle
- ATIRadeonX2000VADriver.bundle
- ATISupport.kext

Nvidia
- GeForce.kext
- GeForceGA.plugin
- GeForceGLDriver.bundle
- GeForceVADriver.bundle
- NVDAGF100Hal.kext
- NVDAGK100Hal.kext
- NVDANV50Hal.kext
- NVDAResman.kext
- NVSMU.kext

-AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
-AppleHDA.kext

Installed this ones with Kext Utility:
- EvOreboot.kext
- FakeSMC.kext
- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Now my start logo is an apple, a prettier one(instead of grey only), kind like a metal texture. But still my only resolution is 1024 x 768 only.

I also tried to install your touchpad kext, and nothing happened. Touchpad still with one touch allowed, instead of multitouch.

If only could get the video and audio working, it would be great, for wi fi ill probally buy a new(and compatible) one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back