Contribute
Register

Samsung RV510 - can't get the wireless to work (i am a noob)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am have installed os x 10.6.8 on this laptop successfully, but I cannot get the wireless to work. Audio is working correctly, graphics is functioning, USB ports work fine.. just the wireless that seems to be the issue.

I have used multibeast - EasyBeast.
Have i got to use UserDSDT instead?

Can someone please help. Can some give me a step by step guide in fixing this issue?

This is the spec of the laptop:

Processor: Intel® Pentium T4500
Display: HD LED Backlit | 15.6" Screen
Graphics: Intel GMA HD
Memory: 4GB DDR3 System Memory | 2 x SODIMM
Storage: 500GB Hard Drive Capacity
Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN (this is what im having the problem with)

Can someone please assist with this problem because i cannot seem to get it to work.
Help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

JMB

Hello friend, I have the exact same laptop (well specs look the same to me, anyway! :D ) and I just got wifi working today, which is a good start to this Happy New Year!!! :headbang:

To get working wifi install the IONetworking... kext from this link to S/L/E (System/Library/Extensions on Macintosh HD, where Macintosh HD is your Snow Leopard drive). I do not know if you will need the other fix, so only install it if your internet is not working after the first kext. Remember to run Kext Utility after installing the kext then reboot!!

You should then have working WiFi recognised as Airport Extreme and appearing in your title bar - if you cannot connect or it says Alert: No Internet.... check your internet access with another pc/device if it is working then install the DeviceNub thing. If not fix your internet - when i tried this I install the first kext and it worked to connect, but said no internet access, but my server (that shares its internet connection to my network via my wireless access point) was disconnected!! That's why I say check, it probably works with just the first kext.

One issue - I had to set a static IP address but this maybe to do with my network setup. Try DHCP first (the default) then if it gets an IP that says self assigned or starts with 169.... set it manually. Edit: This was indeed due to my network setup; my DHCP server ran out of addresses!!! So DHCP works perfectly in my Hackintosh (and all my other wifi gadgets!) now!

Sorry for the bad grammar and messed up instructions but its 4 am here!!! PS you are not a noob - you bought the best value currently available hackintosh 15.6" laptop in the world!!!!

Edit: Forgot the link, hahaha: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1416

Edit again: Boot Ubuntu Live CD and goto Settings menu or whatever its called (third one along at the top) -> Administration -> System testing, unless you are using the newer Ubuntu 11 - then goto the top left menu and type System Testing and run it. Uncheck all except network tests (if you are not sure leave all selected) Click Next ignoring it until it shows Network devices - and then note your Wireless info (on mine it was 2nd in the list after Marvell Yukon which is the LAN) if your Wireless is Atheros AR9285 then I see no reason why the above fix should not work. If it says something else write it here and I will research for you - or you can google what it says, but sometimes it helps if different people check!!

Hopefully the last edit!!: I found out how to play Youtube videos without QE/CI -> Google Youtube HTML5 beta and join it - Safari in Lion is compatible and I think in SL too, then you can watch videos in HTML5 instead of flash which doesn't work without QE/CI. Besides HTML5 is better (used on iPhone/iPod/iPad for videos in Safari).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back