Contribute
Register

Samsung NP540U3C-A01UB Successful Install Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MAC
CPU
INTEL
Graphics
UNK
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Warning: this is my first Hackintosh attempt EVER and first time I have ever written any type of Guide, so bear with me.

Ok, after a few days of screwing around and trying to figure it out, I got Hackintosh to finally install on my Samsung i5 NP540U3C-A01UB Ultrabook. Caveats to that are no built in wifi working and no touchscreen working and I tried SEVERAL KEXTS to try to get it to work :banghead:.

Here is what I did:
1) Downloaded Mountain Lion 10.8 from APP Store.
2) Downloaded UniBeast
3) Install UniBeast on USB drive MAKING SURE you select "Legacy USB Support" and "Laptop" selections on UniBeast, let it do it's thing.

To prepare the computer (which came with the worst OS ever, Windows 8) I recovered Windows 8 and re-partitioned the hard drive to give MAC the most space.

Shut down and get into BIOS (F2). LOAD DEFAULT SETTINGS then set the following:
ADVANCED>FAST BIOS MODE> DISABLED
ADVANCED>AHCI MODE CONTROL>MANUAL
ADVANCED>SET AHCI MODE>ENABLED

BOOT>BOOT DEVICE PRIORITY> Move USB HDD to the top, highlight SATA HDD and press SHIFT+1 and an '!' should appear next to it.

BOOT>SECURE BOOT>DISABLED
BOOT>OS MODE SELECTION> UEFI AND CSM OS

F10 AND CONFIRM SAVE.

I had the USB in the USB3.0 port, but it also works in the 2.0 ports and started the computer.
If it gives you the boot menu and doesn't load into the Unibeast menu then go back into BIOS and go to SECURITY>SECURE BOOT CONFIG> and select and confirm CHANGE TO CUSTOMIZED SIGNATURES

Once you get into the UniBeast screen, select your USB drive and it should start the install. During the install the screen with go to a white screen with a cursor on it which you can't move and appear to do nothing. DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER!!!! Set it aside and watch some TV. Mondays you have Pawn Stars, Tuesdays you have Top Gear, etc etc.

It will eventually take you to the setup screen and VIOLA ! OSX is installed on your Samsung Ultrabook :clap:. It will give you a message for bluetooth that says no keyboard recognized, however, it is recognized and will work, just try to disable to skip bluetooth if you can.

I know it seems pretty simple but it took a lot of trial/error to get this thing to work. The main issues that there are currently is getting the Intel WIFI to work because I do not want a USB dongle, and to get the touch screen to work, I haven't tried to mess with too much because without WIFI, what is the point?

I am still a complete Hackintosh NOOB as this was the first time I ever tried to install hackintosh. Hopefully this will help you guys out as much as possible.

Let me be the first to thank you for this! I bought this model two months ago for school and wow was I ever in for an unwelcome surprise with Windows 8!

Question - you stated you repartitioned to give the Mac the most space. Do you mean to imply you are running dual-boot, so if you want to boot into Windows 8, you can?

What about the MultiBeast configuration?
Can you post a print screen?

Thanks

Is sleep working?

Is sleep working?

Yeah, I don't trust this one bit. User only has one post, and all it does is repeat information about how to get from the installation to the desktop, which is the _easiest_ part and we pretty much all either know how to to it or can figure it out.

The hard part is:
Sleep
audio
audio over hdmi
hdmi duplication, primary, secondary switching
Sleep
SLEEP!
brightness
enabling fusion

etc etc.

I HIGHLY doubt he has all this working OOTB.

Hi! the install works, but have anyone solved the issue on how to get hd4000 qe/ci working with the built-in lcd? I keep getting a black screen (using Multibeast 5.3.1 with Chimera 2.0.x), and other posts & articles online point that using device-id doesn't work...though I don't have hdmi to try it, looks like qe/ci works in hdmi...
Some other posts indicate perhaps using Clover bootloader in UEFI, which I haven't used...and since the Clover install has many options, it'd be nice to know which options were selected...
So, up to this point, I am only able to get the correct resolution with the internal lcd, but no qe/ci...the moment I add a device-id, or GraphicsEnabler=Yes, then I get a black screen...
thanks!

Did you install unibeast to the usb in windows 8? if so how?

Morning. I got it all installed but i can only boot it in Safe Mode. I have worked out that it is to do with the graphics adapters, i found that i should delete all NVDA AMD Kexts etc. but can't seem to delete them. Any ideas?

Also, with regards to the intel wifi, there is nothing on this, however i believe you can edit a kext for another wifi adapter to make it use that. i'll find the link later.

Only other issue i have is trackpad, however i have also found the answer to this:

Remove these two - PS2Controller.kext and AppleAcpiPS2nub.kext and replace with new files.

Finally the other thing not working is the touch screen.

Oh and how do you boot direct from the HDD instead of having the USB installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back