Samsung NP530U3C-A0ATR
CPU
i5-3317U
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I've been trying to fix the backlight on my laptop for a week now. But I couldn't manage to do. I followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/ on both Mojave 10.14.4 and Sierra 10.12.6 but no luck.

Brightness control is working but even on the max brightness i can barely see the screen. In El Captain everything including brightness control works in this laptop with ACPIBacklight.kext

Probably i'm doing something wrong can you help me?

Current build Mojave 10.14.4
I have backups for both El Captain and Sierra also.

Specs;
Samsung NP530U3C-A0ATR
13" (1366x768)
i5 3317u
HD4000
6GB Ram

10.14.4 debug report is in attachment

Attachments

• debug_NP530U3C.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 121
Hi,

I've been trying to fix the backlight on my laptop for a week now. But I couldn't manage to do. I followed this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/ on both Mojave 10.14.4 and Sierra 10.12.6 but no luck.

Brightness control is working but even on the max brightness i can barely see the screen. In El Captain everything including brightness control works in this laptop with ACPIBacklight.kext

Probably i'm doing something wrong can you help me?

Current build Mojave 10.14.4
I have backups for both El Captain and Sierra also.

Specs;
Samsung NP530U3C-A0ATR
13" (1366x768)
i5 3317u
HD4000
6GB Ram

10.14.4 debug report is in attachment
change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx for AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan) - should be disabled

change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx for AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan) - should be disabled
I tried to boot without it and nothing changed

I tried to boot without it and nothing changed
you seem to be missing renames in your config.plist

check the guide for updated config.plist

also your hardware profile is missing screen resolution under graphics

I edited the RehabMan's HD4000_1366x768.plist for my laptop. Edited config is in attachment. But laptop display is not working at all, just black screen. HDMI display works. I cannot spot any major differences between the old one and the new edited one. Why am i getting black screen. Can you check and compare it please? @Feartech

Attachments

• config.plist
    12.2 KB · Views: 124
I edited the RehabMan's HD4000_1366x768.plist for my laptop. Edited config is in attachment. But laptop display is not working at all, just black screen. HDMI display works. I cannot spot any major differences between the old one and the new edited one. Why am i getting black screen. Can you check and compare it please? @Feartech
have you tried without a custom EDID?

I tried it now. Still black screen. Laptop screen is not detected under display.

I solved the black screen issue with a custom EDID on El Captain before, my laptops screen is not working without a custom EDID but with the edited config with injected EDID it's not working also. Very confusing for me right now. I cannot understand the problem.

the EDID i'm using is extracted and patched with the edidparser.rb script which is on RehabMan's guide.

I tried it now. Still black screen. Laptop screen is not detected under display.

I solved the black screen issue with a custom EDID on El Captain before, my laptops screen is not working without a custom EDID but with the edited config with injected EDID it's not working also. Very confusing for me right now. I cannot understand the problem.

the EDID i'm using is extracted and patched with the edidparser.rb script which is on RehabMan's guide.
you have a DSDT, if this has a brightness patch on it, then that will cause you issues and will stop the brightness from working

best to re extract fresh new one and do the patches you need but do not patch for brightness fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back