Contribute
Register

Samsung NP530U3C-A02RU El Capitan. Works EVERYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Samsung NP530U3C-A02RU
CPU
i5-3317U
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
NP530U3C-A02RU
OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Works EVERYTHING. SpeedStep, Turbo, Sleep, Wake, blabla... Even external mic detection works too.
Only physically changed unsupported intel wifi card for atheros ar9285.
OSX is fully vanilla and ready for further updates. Recovery partition is working too after disabling CoreStorage.
Boot is UEFI-kind.
Bootloader is latest Clover v3726 in ESP.
Here are the files. Just extract it to you ESP partition (of the installer usb esp at first, install and then on your hdd esp, of course with clover. i think anyone here knows this procedure) and you are in :) The only issue is that screen will be too white or overlighten while installation goes. After install ACPI Backlight works normally.
I hope owners of this ultrabook (or close to this model) will find this usefull.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26 MB · Views: 1,788
Last edited:
NP530U3C-A02RU
OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Works EVERYTHING. SpeedStep, Turbo, Sleep, Wake, blabla... Even external mic detection works too.
OSX is fully vanilla and ready for further updates. Recovery partition is working too after disabling CoreStorage.
Boot is UEFI-kind.
Here are the files. Just extract it to you ESP partition (of the installer usb esp at first, install and then on your hdd esp, of course with clover. i think anyone here knows this procedure) and you are in :) The only issue is that screen will be too white or overlighten while installation goes. After install ACPI Backlight works normally.
I hope owners of this ultrabook (or close to this model) will find this usefull.
Thanks mate this works perfect on my NP530U3C, you are a life saver ;) BDW i use your EFI folder for Yosemite :)

Is this applicable to sierra or high sierra?

I use vanilla elcapitan via unibeast
copy esp to efi. But graphics still not working. I have to disable it in clover boot if not i get a black screen

I manage to make it work with all the steps on installation. One thing i notice bluetooth works also as ethernet. But when using as audio there is no sound coming out but its set to my bluetooth device. Anyone experience this no sound

NP530U3C-A02RU
OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Boot is UEFI-kind.

Hi dioxine,

I have the NP530U3B38-A01AU. Your EFI.zip kind of works.
I can install and boot the sytem. However, I have 2 issues...

1) Brightness key does not work
2) Resolution is only at 1024x768 instead of 1366x768

Any ideas?

THanks

Hi dioxine,

I have the NP530U3B38-A01AU. Your EFI.zip kind of works.
I can install and boot the sytem. However, I have 2 issues...

1) Brightness key does not work
2) Resolution is only at 1024x768 instead of 1366x768

Any ideas?

THanks

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I edited this EFI folder a bit and NP530U3C-A0ATR works perfect with Mojave 10.14.5

Just edit SMBIOS for your RAM configuration and install AppleBacklightInjector.kext to Library/Extensions. Don't install the others keep it on EFI folder. And download Brightness Slider from AppStore to control brightness.

Attachments

• NP530U3C-A0ATR_Mojave_EFI.zip
    25 MB · Views: 997
Last edited:
Unibeast 9.2.0 (just made adjust on config.plist to match my 2 slots memory)
Multibeast (11.3.0)
NP530U3C-AD2Br
Mojave 10.14.5
SMBios : macbook air

Working:
sound jack 3,5 , HDMI , analogue
Webcam
Wifi and bluetooth (dongle cirago bt7300 chipset RTL8192C)
USB ports .

Used some kexts on your zip file , but just after install . During installation only with clean setup touchpad ,keyboard ,screen brightness , worked like a charm .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back