8. Power Mac
  9. PowerBook
  10. Quadra
  11. SE
  12. Workgroup Server
  13. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've just completed the hardware part of my first build. This is the first computer I've built since I put together a Heathkit H-89 to run CP/M, so yes, I'm old. The hardware part went pretty easily, but now I'm stuck in software mud.

I ran MultiBeast per instructions (excellent instructions BTW) and all went fine. Couldn't boot at first from the USB stick but then remembered to enable XHCI Handoff in the BIOS. Now it boots fine all the way to the Mac installer.

The problem is when I launch Disk Utility, it doesn't see my Samsung SSD drive. This is an EVO M.2 drive that fits directly into a special socket on the Gigabyte motherboard. I know it's working because I can see it and format it in Windows 10 (which I installed first on another SSD just so I could check out the hardware and make sure everything worked).

I'm betting this is some kind of kext that I need to install or flag I need to set somewhere, but I'm pretty new to this stuff so I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

OK, I've found this post:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

So I will now read the 51 pages of post to see if I can figure out what to do.

Just getting back to this now, been running on a regular old SSD.
Followed all of RehabMan's instructions (I thought) and had the kext built and installed, but still no joy.
My mistake was to manually edit his _DSM->XDSM Clover patch but not understanding how Clover Configurator worked. I used the text window of CC and put in the hex search and replace codes. But it turns out that's not how you do it. You have to do it in the GUI (or in Xcode as RehabMan did it) for things to work correctly.

After several hours of fiddling, I have this Samsung 960 NvME drive working! Yay!

Good to hear you get it work. I'm still working on my system with Samsung 960 pro too. been working around few weeks already and no luck.

@joe5080, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back