Contribute
Register

Samsung EVO 970 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know it does not help very much BUT I used a USB external enclosure with a SATA SSD in it to boot my iMac 2015 model, without any problems. It was so much faster than the built-in hard-disk.

So I guess, check the way you are connecting your 970 and read through @Middleman 's post.

:)

It’s just the first boot. After it boots, everything works as expected. I am booting this drive with nvme enclosure. Enabling or disabling TRIM via trimenforce does not have any effect. Actually you can’t even disable the TRIM for nvme AFAIK. I also checked the disk with first aid. No issue at all. It was working perfectly on Big Sur. Now it hangs for a while. Only thing that’s changed is macOS version. Starting from the first installation to today, Samsung Evo nvme has a problem. I am not the only one who has this issue. Both on this forum and other forums this issue can be tracked down.

It’s just the first boot. After it boots, everything works as expected. I am booting this drive with nvme enclosure. Enabling or disabling TRIM via trimenforce does not have any effect. Actually you can’t even disable the TRIM for nvme AFAIK. I also checked the disk with first aid. No issue at all. It was working perfectly on Big Sur. Now it hangs for a while. Only thing that’s changed is macOS version. Starting from the first installation to today, Samsung Evo nvme has a problem. I am not the only one who has this issue. Both on this forum and other forums this issue can be tracked down.

In that case, sorry we couldn't help.

Are you testing the RC of Monterey? Perhaps things will improve once it's official and your iMac is supported.

I am testing 12.0.1 (21A559) which is just updated today. I also created feedback with Feedback Assistant. Feedback Assistant App shows that more than 10 similar reports exist in the system. Radar Id is FB9714081

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back