Contribute
Register

Samsung ATIV Book 8 Installation Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an "ultimate" fix that I found for the latest Mavericks release:

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3559-new-os-x-109-mavericks-mbr-patch-final-gm/

Use this patch to patch the installer. Then, format your hard drive as MBR, not GUID. Once you install with MBR, it will install properly, Multibeast will install properly, and all will be well.
That worked, thanks!

Now I need drivers for touch pad, bluetooth, audio, wifi...and so on... How can I change brightness? Is it possible to set automatic brightness?

By the way, can you tell me the exact type of audio/wifi/bluetooth chip and touchpad type (Elan???) in Ativ Book 8?

Thanks!

I'm not far enough, honestly, to find out what needs to be done. When I install the KExts, it gives me an error each time. Funny thing is, I was able to update my desktop without any problems using Multibeast, but I have an almost 100% supported motherboard.

This laptop is becoming a redheaded stepchild...

I had the same issue,
If I used the boot flags.
IGPlatformID=0x1660003 IGPDeviceID=0166 IGPEnabler=Yes
It occasionally worked, but was EXTREEMELY slow, and reported the videocard with 3MB of ram.

I switched from chameleon bootloader over to clover, and I got it to work better.
I have touchpad, Touchscreen, Keyboard.
Bluetooth works. I managed to tether to my Galaxy S4 for internet.
No Audio, Wifi, or Battery meter though.
Haven't Tested Sleep.

IGPlatformID=0x1660003 is invalid syntax. Should be IGPlatformID=01660003. Note that 01660003 is the default for HD4000 mobile with IGPEnabler=Yes.

IGPlatformID=0x1660003 is invalid syntax. Should be IGPlatformID=01660003. Note that 01660003 is the default for HD4000 mobile with IGPEnabler=Yes.

Yeah, thats the value I mean, I guess I auto hexafied it when i typed it.

Strange, if I didn't enter it, it didnt work though.
screen would just stay on the loading bar for ever.

Yeah, thats the value I mean, I guess I auto hexafied it when i typed it.

Strange, if I didn't enter it, it didnt work though.
screen would just stay on the loading bar for ever.

It could have to do with how you created your USB... for example, the version of Unibeast you used. In older versions of Chimera, IGPlatformID=01660009 was default.

I've got a fresh ATIV book 8, was going to wait for El Capitan release before diving in, but would love your knowledge on 10.10. Will def keep this thread updated with progress/tweaks. Where you able to get brightness keyboard buttons working on 10.10?

I never got the brightness buttons working on it, all I could do, was if I unplugged the power and replugged it in, it went full brightness.

I also got a wifi dongle that was compatible with it.

Which is the WiPi, made for the raspberry PI.

If possible step by step would be super appreciated! I'm sure life takes priority:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back