Contribute
Register

Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 NVMe SSD is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's working perfect after firmware update. I have been using it for more than a week with no issues.
still working perfectly or did you experienced some trouble?

Mine's now been installed in the machine for months (since the firmware update was released) and has been fine.

I recently (in the last few weeks) moved some data around and I'm now using it as the MacOSX boot drive under Mojave. Working great and super fast! :)

Hi all

i9-9900K
GA Z390 Aorus Pro
64GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400
Saphire Radeon RX580
Mojave 10.14.6
UniBeast 9.2

I first tried to install on a 1TB EVO 970Plus M.2 NVMe,. Once it got past the first reboot on the OS install, it starts the 2nd phase of the OS install, but quickly (within 1 min) kernel panics and reboots. I then tried to install on a Corsair MP300 240GB M.2 NVMe, and the install went quick and easy with no problems. I next replaced the 970 Plus with a Evo 970 (non-plus), and I'm having the same issue - kernel panics during the 2nd phase (post reboot) of the OS install.

I've tried formatting the drive both APFS, as well as HFS+, with the same results.

Can anyone shed some light on what might be happening, and why both the 970 and 970 Plus are both having the same issue, but the Corsair isn't?

thx!

AJ

Did you already read this thread ?
Hi all

i9-9900K
GA Z390 Aorus Pro
64GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400
Saphire Radeon RX580
Mojave 10.14.6
UniBeast 9.2

I first tried to install on a 1TB EVO 970Plus m.2 NVMe, but once it got past the first reboot on the OS install, it starts the 2nd phase of the OS install, but quickly (within 1 min) kernel panics and reboots. I then tried to install on a Corsair MP300 240GB M.2 NVMe, and the install went quick and easy with no problems. I then replaced the 970Plus with a Evo 970 (non-plus), and I'm having the same issue - kernel panics during the 2nd phase (post reboot) of the OS install.

I've tried formatting the drive both APFS, as well as HFS+, with the same results.

Can anyone shed some light on what might be happening, and why both the 970 and 970 Plus are both having the same issue, but the Corsair isn't?

thx!

AJ

Did you already read this thread ?
Yes, I did. I forgot to add to the post that I had also tried the firmware update on the 970 (non-plus), and it gave me a 'firmware already up to date' message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back