Motherboard
Lenovo V330 - 15IKB
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620 /1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
I would like to have a IOReg of a real MacBook with NVMe drive so I can analyze for what properties for power management are injected on it.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Z370 GA-7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Classic, iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, SE/30
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
So no Kernel Panics after the firmware update?

Is it Kernel Panics that happen for you with the 970 EVO Plus despite having updated to the latest firmware?
Yep. -But the firmware was already up-to-date according to the Samsung tool via the .ISO boot disc I made. I could verify it in the Info section of the Disk Utility. That was a pleasant surprise, so it was a little shocking that although I could copy all of my sample libraries from the 970 500GB NVMe to the 970 Plus, the new drive went kind of ape-shoot. At first I thought it was because of re-indexing. But maybe this one had other problems not apparent. I wiped the drive and returned it.

Motherboard
Dell 5570 (clover)
CPU
Intel i5-8250U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620 , 1920x1080
How would I know if it has proper power management or not?
Can you upload a screenshot of coconut battery when at idle?

Hi

I just update the firmware of 970 EVO Plus. The update was OK. Then continue to install macOS High Sierra with bootable USB. The process was running smoothly until copying file finished and mac restart, but loop again in to install process

After I repeat and check in to start up disk (after finish copying), I couldn’t find my EVO Plus show up.

I try to using Recovery Mode; the problem still the same. The hardware detected on Disk Utility, can copying file smoothly (booth HS and Mojave) but after that can’t boot on start up disk
Is there any idea about this, ???
It is make me very frustrated.
Currently, my Mac running on Sierra.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I had the same issue with the 970 EVP Plus looping on the second part of the j stalker. I updated the firmware too. I ended up solving this by hitting space before selecting the drive in the Clover Boot menu, then disabling al the flags. It kinda worked then; I’m not 100% sure why or how ... I suspect something specific to my setup.

I am now on the Desktop and everything is running smoothly. I did notice that, if I leave it, I’ll randomly come back to a black screen and the ‘stop sign’ which I believe means OSX can’t find the boot disk ? Also, occasionally on boot this happens too, it generally works second time. So I wonder if the M.2 drive is loose or disconnecting for some reason. I’m going to try another slot...

P.S I’m Running Mojave.

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F
CPU
I5-8600K
Graphics
RX580
Mac
Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I had the same issue with the 970 EVP Plus looping on the second part of the j stalker. I updated the firmware too. I ended up solving this by hitting space before selecting the drive in the Clover Boot menu, then disabling al the flags. It kinda worked then; I’m not 100% sure why or how ... I suspect something specific to my setup.

I am now on the Desktop and everything is running smoothly. I did notice that, if I leave it, I’ll randomly come back to a black screen and the ‘stop sign’ which I believe means OSX can’t find the boot disk ? Also, occasionally on boot this happens too, it generally works second time. So I wonder if the M.2 drive is loose or disconnecting for some reason. I’m going to try another slot...

P.S I’m Running Mojave.
It could simply be that the 970 Evo Plus still is problematic with Mac OS, even if some have no issues with it after firmware update.

Motherboard
GA-Z370N-WIFI
CPU
i5-8600K
Graphics
RX 460
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
It's working perfect after firmware update. I have been using it for more than a week with no issues.
Seems to be working for me, thanks to everyone for tip.
Only used it for a few hours so far, but firmware update clearly helped to get rid of kernel panics.
Will post an update if I'll get into troubles later.