Contribute
Register

Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem with the 970 EVO PLUS, very slow! I'm switching to the EVO "standard". Sad.

Does osX crash?
(Don't forget to add your system details in your profile)

Hi,
first I used CCC to clone my other SSD, an Intel 525.
But the result was a disk very very slow that cannot even boot.
Then I tried a clean installation with no success.
I give up, the EVO PLUS has arrived today and I just applied for a refund and bought an EVO.

Just tried a 970 EVO PLUS. High Sierra not happy at all! System crashes after a couple of minutes. Fine under Windows.

Just installed a 1tb 970 plus and my system reboots after a few minutes. I’m also getting usbechixxxxxxxx@400000000 recovery messages in verbose mode.

same problem here Sierra 10.13.4 with my old Evo 970 is solid no problems , bought a Evo 970 plus 1 tb 2 days a go and can't get it to stable , it is recognised and loads to desktop but within a few minutes system shuts down :( , fresh install would fail , but I did manage to clone to it and boot off it but would fail again after a few minutes , do we know why they don't work is it a hardware limitation or driver support ?

same problem here Sierra 10.13.4 with my old Evo 970 is solid no problems , bought a Evo 970 plus 1 tb 2 days a go and can't get it to stable , it is recognised and loads to desktop but within a few minutes system shuts down :( , fresh install would fail , but I did manage to clone to it and boot off it but would fail again after a few minutes , do we know why they don't work is it a hardware limitation or driver support ?

Same here. The usbehci is a different issue. The reboot/restart usually happens within 5-10mins of login but on some rare occasions my system can last 15min plus but it will always restart eventually.

Oh and I don’t get an error log too

Same here. The usbehci is a different issue. The reboot/restart usually happens within 5-10mins of login but on some rare occasions my system can last 15min plus but it will always restart eventually.

Oh and I don’t get an error log too
yep no error log here aswell , I did find that while I had the 970 Evo 500gb as my boot and the Evo plus 1tb as a blank second drive reformatting as ntfs lasted longer before reboot not sure why , wish I had the knowledge and know how to make a fix of sorts but im very limited ha ha , im sure there will be a fix one day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back