Contribute
Register

SAMSUNG 960 PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a M.2 Samsung 960 PRO 512GB working and booting on my Hack. I put this NVMe kext (NVMeGeneric.kext) in UniBeast USB/EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 this enabled the OS X installer to see the drive and allowed me to install. Without this driver OS X was unable to even see the 960 PRO.

Read and writes a ridiculously fast and so is boot time.

DiskSpeedTest.png

I have a M.2 Samsung 960 PRO 512GB working and booting on my Hack. I put this NVMe kext (NVMeGeneric.kext) in UniBeast USB/EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 this enabled the OS X installer to see the drive and allowed me to install. Without this driver OS X was unable to even see the 960 PRO.

View attachment 230975

I have a 960 EVO which is essentially the same as yours and I'd like to use that drive to install my Hackintosh on but can you please guide me through how you put that "NVMeGeneric.kext" in Unibeast "USB/EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11"? I've checked the hidden folders on my Unibeast Pendrive and there are no folders like that I could paste that Kext in to...:crazy:

Might be something obvious but don't know how to do it so if you could guide me through I'd be forever grateful!

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 14.28.37.png

There are various ways, I usually locate it with diskutil list and mount with diskutil mount diskXs1.

Thank you for getting back to me but I couldn't understand a single thing you have said as I'm not as experienced as many of You are. I figured it out that you need to get EFI Mounter v3 and use that program to Mount your USB's EFI which you can hunt down by using Terminal and finding the right disk No.

Code:
diskutil list

Then mount the right EFI then go to USB/EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.11 and paste it into that folder!

Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB using the NVMeGeneric.kext :

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 12.01.34.png

View attachment 230975
I tried this.

Downloaded the driver.

copied into Unibeast/clover/kext/10.12(I'm running Sierra) but when I try and boot from the USB to install OS X it crashes.

Works fine without the KEXT but then of course OS X can see my drive. Samsung 960 Pro

Let me know if anything you can think of might solve the problem.

Thanks, -T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back