Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock B250 PRO4
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
HD 630
Hey, my HDD is detected by the computer but the m.2 drive is not in the installer. I'm using clover and have got the necessary kexts, none for the SSD as that is natively supported.

Thanks!

Hey, my HDD is detected by the computer but the m.2 drive is not in the installer. I'm using clover and have got the necessary kexts, none for the SSD as that is natively supported.

Thanks!

I had the same issue during the installation. I had to add (in the EFI kexts / other folder) and load manually IONVMeFamily.kext in a terminal before accessing the disk utility :
Code:
kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IONVMeFamily.kext
I returned in the disk utility and my 960evo was there.
The install runs smoothly after that.

It might be too late (for some of you) now, but I just managed to install High Sierra on a Samsung 960 Pro m.2 ... the Disk Utility (GUI) didn't see the disk at first.. I then went into the terminal and did a diskutil myself.. and my 960 pro got listed as /dev/disk0 ... so apparently, the graphical disk utility does not see disks that are not partitioned in any way..

I then did something along the lines
Code:
diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk0 1 GPT HFS+ "testPartition" 128G
which created a first partition on the disk with label "testPartition" and size 128GB (doesnt really matter which name and size you give).
I then closed the terminal and run the graphical disk utility again and my drive showed up. then just did the normal erase -> partition step and continued.

Last edited:
It might be too late (for some of you) now, but I just managed to install High Sierra on a Samsung 960 Pro m.2 ... the Disk Utility (GUI) didn't see the disk at first.. I then went into the terminal and did a diskutil myself.. and my 960 pro got listed as /dev/disk0 ... so apparently, the graphical disk utility does not see disks that are not partitioned in any way..

I then did something along the lines
Code:
diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk0 1 GPT HFS+ "testPartition" 128G
which created a first partition on the disk with label "testPartition" and size 128GB (doesnt really matter which name and size you give).
I then closed the terminal and run the graphical disk utility again and my drive showed up. then just did the normal erase -> partition step and continued.
Thanks! This is what I was searching for hours, you're a savior :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back