Nvidia 670 x2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys,

I recently upgraded my hackintosh with a new Samsung 840 Pro ssd. Upon initial installation of Mountain Lion, I boot into the OS and ran BlackMagic speed test, it reads and writes at 500mb+ all through each test beautifully.

After I ran multibeast to get it to boot from the hard drive without the USB, when I run the test now it reads at about 238mb and writes at about 358mb. I installed the "Trim" option for 10.8.X in multibeast, but that didnt help.

Anyone have any suggestions on what could have caused this? I'm thinking that something changed when installing multibeast that caused it to switch controllers to a slower (and older) kext.

I think I found part of the problem while browsing the forums but nobody has responded with a ideas for a solution since August 2012.

When I pull up System Profile under Serial-ATA, It now shows my Device Tree as "Unknown AHCI Standard Controller".

Is there a solution within Multibeast to update this to the proper controller?

Ok I updated to the Marvel 88SE9172 through multibeast, but the speed did not increase or decrease. If I were to do a reinstall of the OS then I know the speed would return to the correct speed, however I would be unable to boot from the SSD without the Mountain Lion USB. :(

In case anyone else stumbles across this in the future... I FIXED the SSD speed setting problem. Oddly enough even ought I had never moved the SATA cable to the SSD, I moved the SATA cable to another 6gbps port and booted and viola, back to 550mb read and write. :)

So just trying a different SATA port on the motherboard worked?

What does the TrimEnabler app do?

I get slow write speeds in blackmagic with a 120GB Sandisk Extreme (130MB) but fine read speeds (500MB). Any ideas on how I can improve this?

So just trying a different SATA port on the motherboard worked?

What does the TrimEnabler app do?

I get slow write speeds in blackmagic with a 120GB Sandisk Extreme (130MB) but fine read speeds (500MB). Any ideas on how I can improve this?

The TrimEnabler app does the same thing as installing the TRIM patch in MultiBeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back