Contribute
Register

samisnake's P8P67 Deluxe - 2500K - 6850 - G5 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: samisnake's P8P67 Deluxe - 2500K - 5770 - G5 Build

Thanks very much samisnake I am reading and reading to get my machine working.

I can't get my 5770 work. How did you do that? What's in your boot.chameleon.plist file?

worked oob.
which model is yours

nice one! i am going to try it on my pc:

p8p67 evo
i5 2500k
8gb ddr3
gtx 460

i think that the setup should be identical as evo and deluxe are almost identical (only power setup changes, right?)

i will try multibeast setup, i am a longtime pc and mac user... lets see if this build can be stable like a real mac :)

Hi samisnake, thanks for your help here and also in replies on other threads- you've really helped me out.

Would you mind posting your modified dsdt? I'm using the same mobo (p8p67 deluxe) with the patched bios (2302_modified from the bios4asus site.)

Thank you!

EDIT: I decided to not be a lazyass and just modified the dsdt myself using your EXCELLENT guide.

one other question though... are these boards (using modified bios and dsdts) are we still affected by the 10.7.4 speedstep mess-up?

hey,
depends which cpu youve got, but if youve got an i5 or i7 cpu, youll need to use the ssdt, and add the cpu info into the dsdt as described in this post viewtopic.php?f=169&t=60811&p=379334#p379334

have attached my dsdt for the 2302 bios which includes that

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    33.8 KB · Views: 327
Thanks again samisnake,

I tried everything I could to edit my dsdt as described in that post, but couldn't get it to work... Then I found amsart's post where he attached his dsdt and ssdt files (he has p8p67 deluxe and i7 2600k just like me). I replaced those in my /Extra folder and everything works perfect (including sound which I hadn't got working yet... I must have been messing up some part of the dsdt editing/ compiling process somewhere)

Thanks again!

Hi semisnake!
Your build looks amazing!!!!

I have a p8p67 REV3.0 / i5-2500 with a patched BIOS from the repository (2303)
running now 10.9 (NOT overclocked)

I cannot find an patched DSDT for my mobo (can find for REV3.1).
Why did you patch your DSDT (other than the audio)?
Is there something that I need to try and do manually?

Also I see that you use macpro3.1 as a choise for the smbios.plist.
In
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...idge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html#post524993
toleda writes:
2. 2nd Generation Core i processors/Sandy Bridge (i.e., Core i7-2600K)
2a. use MultiBeast/Customization/SSDT Options/Sandy Bridge (4)
2b. SysDefs: imac12,x, macmini5,x, mabookpro8,x
In my current configuration I use imac12.2

Have you upgraded to 10.9? If so can you please share with us the multibeast .mb file?

Thanks for your help!!!!
sakoula

PS: I am having trouble making speedstep to work, all I am getting now is:
kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16)
kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16
but I need to make sure I am not missing anything before trying to debug it
further.

Hello! I have a very similar build, and created a thread about it, but I'm still a total noob. I understand that I need to flash my BIOS before I start to do anything else, but I'm still not sure what I need exactly! I understand messing with the BIOS can cause serious problems, and I don't want that of course.
This is my build: http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...i5-2500k-msi-hd-radeon-6850-a.html#post835709

I would really appreciate some help from anyone =)

Hello! I have a very similar build, and created a thread about it, but I'm still a total noob. I understand that I need to flash my BIOS before I start to do anything else, but I'm still not sure what I need exactly! I understand messing with the BIOS can cause serious problems, and I don't want that of course.
This is my build: http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...i5-2500k-msi-hd-radeon-6850-a.html#post835709

I would really appreciate some help from anyone =)

See the patched bios repo here: http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/p67-2/

Most of the work is already done for you. Just put the patched bios for your specific
motherboard on a FAT32 USB and flash it the way Asus recommends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back