Graphics
GT 210
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi!
I've updated my Z68 desktop build (see signature) to MacOS 10.11.6 at the end of last year and It's working as perfectly as possible — or so it seems ;) ) but I've discovered today that there doesn't seem to be any difference (boot time or Console messages) with or without cache! I suppose it should be significantly faster, no?
It boots in 1mn10s in both cases so it's totally usable, although in my old notes I've written that my Mavericks booted in 33s...
I've checked a lot of things based on the information in the forum, but before uploading my config.plist or Console report, I'd like to know if it can be considered normal to have that same boot time or if it is a clear sign that it's always booting with no cache, even if No Caches is not checked in Clover Configurator (of course).

The install had been made with regular Multibeast 8.2.3 procedure.
I've recently updated FakeSMC to 6.26-344 (from 6.17), Lilu to 1.3.5, AppleALC to 1.3.7 — Lilu+AppleALC are increasing the boot time, compared to Toleda's AppleHDA 2.5.3 that I was still using before.
I've added an SSDT generated with ssdtPRGen.sh in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, but no change.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA Z68XP-UD3
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GT 210
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Having discovered that AppleALC was considerably slowing down boot, I'm now using version 1.2.8 that works well for my build, in both 10.11 and 10.13.
But it hasn't changed anything for the non-difference between with or without cache...
Anybody to confirm that it should be faster with caches, as I suppose?

EDIT: I've solved the issue with recent versions of AppleALC! See https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...y-4mn-on-10-13-and-10-14.279542/#post-2153865

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.