Contribute
Register

Safe to Update to 10.8.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save to Update to 10.8.2?

I have the exact same messages when I boot into verbose mode as the screenshot above. However, when I boot up into safe mode I get a white screen with the cursor... nothing more.

I'm going to try the above steps with the integrated graphics instead my Radeon 6870 and see if this works out...

Most likely due to the Radeon drivers not being loaded in safe mode. Note that if all else fails, you can use your UniBeast USB stick to boot in to the OS X installer and use the Terminal contained in the Installer to make the necessary changes to your filesystem (and repair permissions with Disk Utility in the Installer).

Okay i just updated and rebooted everything except sound does work for me

edit: multibeast sound rollback fixed it

I'm sorry, would it be possible for someone to give me the Terminal commands necessary to move the OemSMBIOS file on my installed Volume using the Mountain Lion USB Terminal? Thank you for the help.

I'm sorry, would it be possible for someone to give me the procedure to update from 10.8.0 to 10.8.2 ?

regards
Francesco.

D/L Combo Update, installed on cloned HD, and reboot

No issues here, only have to reinstall audio.

greetz

I lost TRIM support and MultiBeast can´t fix it.
Anybody else?

For anyone who is having this issue, it's related to the OemSMBIOS plugin for FakeSMC, and can be fixed by:

1. Boot in to safe mode (-x), your system should boot this way if you're having this crash
  2. Open Terminal, and type "sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/OemSMBIOS.kext /Users/youraccountname/" (replacing youraccountname with the appropriate account name ;) )
  3. Still in Terminal, type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" followed by "sudo kextcache -system-caches" (or repair permissions and update kext caches in any other way you prefer)
  4. Reboot.

This method will move the offending plugin to your home directory in case you need to put it back for some reason. An update to FakeSMC in the future will probably fix this plugin, but for now it's a workaround. If you're still crashing after these steps, a look at your crash log to determine the source of the KP will help in diagnosing.

Thank you for this. After updating I had the same KP as Optimistjolle and booted into safe mode, reinstalled FakeSMC with Multibeast and removed the OemSMBIOS kext - rebooted and all is well.

I lost TRIM support and MultiBeast can´t fix it.
Anybody else?
I lost trim support as well. Waiting for a fix.

Regards
CK

I dont know if its ok to tip about another program..
I use Trim Enabler and as far as I see, my system says that trim is enabled on the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back