Contribute
Register

Safe to install security update 2016-004?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z97-AR
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Wondering if it's causing any issues on 10.10.5.

Wondering if it's causing any issues on 10.10.5.
Yep, just installed it with a few concerns, considering a missing thread regarding "Security Update 2016-004". Worked fine, Yosemite booted as usual but with disabled NVIDIA Drivers automatically. There are new drivers for this Build already available via NVIDIA Control Panel. So everything should be fine with graphics. I just noticed that it killed my Sound drivers. But i just had to reinstall my Voodoo 2.8.7 Drivers and everything works again :)

Well for me it screwed up everyhting. Nvidia panel suggests driver with the ending 07 and says it is not compatible. It greyed out. When i manually download the(i think latest driver) with the ending 08 it says not compatible. So here i am deadlines killing me, i really did not know that securitu update could do any harm. I guess i learn the hard way! How do i proceed? Tnx

Well for me it screwed up everyhting. Nvidia panel suggests driver with the ending 07 and says it is not compatible. It greyed out. When i manually download the(i think latest driver) with the ending 08 it says not compatible. So here i am deadlines killing me, i really did not know that securitu update could do any harm. I guess i learn the hard way! How do i proceed? Tnx

Edit the info.plist of NVDAStartupWeb.kext as described here and change the NVDARequiredOS.

EDIT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back