Contribute
Register

'Safari Freezes hackintosh to death' problem, which everyone just ignores. [Intel HD 4400/4600]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS N56JN // CLOVER
CPU
I7-4710HQ
Graphics
Intel HD 4600 // 840m
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So here it is.
I posted it here and RehabMan told me to create thread.

Problem:
No one reported 4400/4600 mac crash (complete freeze), when playing video in Safari?
You can check it out even on 10.11: Open iTunes, Movies, (choose movie), open trailer.

Follow these steps to reproduce problem:
* Open any video in Safari
* Play it

I can't use Chrome, because with Safari my notebook lives upto 5 hrs and with Chrome... Well... 1-2 hours.
I know, that Chrome is WAAY better, but battery life is battery life.

So... Anyone got this fixed?

I'm having the same issue. Apparently so are some non Hack users so perhaps is isn't just a Hack thing. I have the 4600 BTW. Very annoying. Seems to be web video ads that crash it. I'm going to disable Flas altogether and see what that does.

So here it is.
I posted it here and RehabMan told me to create thread.

Problem:

Follow these steps to reproduce problem:
* Open any video in Safari
* Play it

I can't use Chrome, because with Safari my notebook lives upto 5 hrs and with Chrome... Well... 1-2 hours.
I know, that Chrome is WAAY better, but battery life is battery life.

So... Anyone got this fixed?

I cannot reproduce this problem on my HD4400 equipped Lenovo u430 running 10.12 final.

Was able to reproduce the problem on theverge.com.

Last edited:
Yeah.
It's definitely OK now with patch.
Found in link above, just for guys who found this via google.

Code:
KextToPatch
Name: AppleIntelFramebufferAzul
Find: 48898BA8000000
Replace: 90909090909090
Comment: Isolate IntelAccelerator HD4600 (10.11.6 & 10.12)
MatchOS: 10.12.x

WARNING!
HD content in Apple Store does NOT work.
SD content works OK.

Happens to me. Just now it did going to Yahoo. It was doing it right after I updated to Sierra. I thought that it was flash related because I didnt have flash. I put flash to open on websites that need it and for a while I didnt see it happen but I had resolved to not use Safari that much by then. But yeah it happened today. I thought it was just me.

Happens to me. Just now it did going to Yahoo. It was doing it right after I updated to Sierra. I thought that it was flash related because I didnt have flash. I put flash to open on websites that need it and for a while I didnt see it happen but I had resolved to not use Safari that much by then. But yeah it happened today. I thought it was just me.

It is a common problem in Sierra doesn't seem to be no solution for the problem. Intel HD4400/4600 has problems in Sierra. Take a look here. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

I assume you have this issue with the laptop with the i7-4600U. Which means, contrary to your signature, it has HD4400, not HD4000.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back