Contribute
Register

Safari Crashing Webkit 10.12.6 Sierra problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the nvidia web drivers for 10.12.6 are still in beta stage.
Not true - Beta web drivers contain the letter b, full release drivers contain the letter f.

Not true - Beta web drivers contain the letter b, full release drivers contain the letter f.

Are you using Native drivers with your 740? Or Nvidia Web Drivers?

Have you had the crashing issue with Safari? I've tried both Native and Nvidia Web Drivers but having that WebKit crash & Final Cut Pro Crash.

Have you had the crashing issue with Safari? I've tried both Native and Nvidia Web Drivers but having that WebKit crash & Final Cut Pro Crash.
None at all but I am running mine on High Sierra.

Edit - I forgot, I'm currently rolled back to 10.12.6 with no Safari issues.
I do have a working High Sierra installation on another drive.

None at all but I am running mine on High Sierra.

Edit - I forgot, I'm currently rolled back to 10.12.6 with no Safari issues.
I do have a working High Sierra installation on another drive.

I'm running 10.12.6 also. 10.12.5 doesn't seem to have the Crashing issue on my System. I've currently moved to HD 4000 on my Desktop and don't get the crashing issue neither. Same with the Mouse Prefs for my Apple Magic Mouse. It's a strange one.

I'm running 10.12.6 also. 10.12.5 doesn't seem to have the Crashing issue on my System. I've currently moved to HD 4000 on my Desktop and don't get the crashing issue neither. Same with the Mouse Prefs for my Apple Magic Mouse. It's a strange one.
Just checked - My Safari is Version 10.1.2 (12603.3.8).
macOS 10.12.6 (16G29).

Just checked - My Safari is Version 10.1.2 (12603.3.8).
macOS 10.12.6 (16G29).

Same version as what I'm running mate. Originally I thought it was RAM but it seems to be related to Graphics. Must be a problem as quite a few people are reporting the same problem.

I am aware about it, but I said it was beta because if you check the same driver on nvidia website, they are listing the driver only on their beta driver web page.

Does rendering a video takes more time on Intel Graphics compared to GTX 760? (Not an expert in this, just wanted to know)

Not many people reporting the problem with Radeon Graphics like there is with Nvidia Graphics. Personally I think the Drivers are just buggy compared to Intel HD Drivers.

Yes, from what I've read since you mentioned that post, I agree.

If only AMD's cards worked OOB without a 'helper card' I'd be happy to switch and do away with extra layer of web-drivers. Not sure if the HD 630 would be powerful enough, but given I don't play games, perhaps I'm just being fussy.

I get the impression that the Nvidia Web-Drivers will now be less important to the company given Apple has apparently dropped all of their GPUs going forward. We, the Hackintosh community, must be their reason to do any further work at all.

:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back