Contribute
Register

Safari Crashing Webkit 10.12.6 Sierra problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am facing crashes with all the browsers for some reason. Secondly, Safari 11 is crashing even more compared to the older version.

Run memtest86 over night.

Has upgrading to High Sierra helped this?
I was late to the Sierra party. I two months ago I upgraded the OS to Sierra. After upgrading to 10.12.6 these webkit crashes started.

I was late to the Sierra party. I two months ago I upgraded the OS to Sierra. After upgrading to 10.12.6 these webkit crashes started.
Do you use built in audio?

Nope. Had crashes with GTX760 on first release of High Sierra.
I sold my GTX760 and moved to IGPU HD4000 which fixed the problem.

I am using the built-in audio.
I've also notice another weird behavior; wake from sleep, play a YouTube video from a Chrome window, click to Safari(or other none web app), surf for a few minutes. Click back to Chrome and audio stops. I haven't nailed down the exacted steps but it happens often.

I am using the built-in audio.
I've also notice another weird behavior; wake from sleep, play a YouTube video from a Chrome window, click to Safari(or other none web app), surf for a few minutes. Click back to Chrome and audio stops. I haven't nailed down the exacted steps but it happens often.

Audio is of-topic.
No Audio from sleep is common I fixed mine for ALC892 by injecting Pin Configs Via ACPI with CodecCommander.

So the no audio happened again, Just watched a 5 minute YouTube video, using Chrome. Video ended and clicked one of the recommend links, no audio. Checked menu pulldown for audio, none. Typing this entry, went to check length of video, by clicking the back arrow in Chrome. Video starts playing with sound.

VioletDragon, I'll try injecting the pins with CodecCommander.

vulgo - I select Internal Speakers for audio. No sound on other ports.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the no audio happened again, Just watched a 5 minute YouTube video, using Chrome. Video ended and clicked one of the recommend links, no audio. Checked menu pulldown for audio, none. Typing this entry, went to check length of video, by clicking the back arrow in Chrome. Video starts playing with sound.

VioletDragon, I'll try injecting the pins with CodecCommander.

vulgo - I select Internal Speakers for audio. No sound on other ports.

Theres more to it than just injecting _SB.PCI0.HDEF.RMC.
You need to inject Audio Layout to HDEF.

CodecCommander is the BOMB! I can now come back after several hours of sleep and all still works.

All I did was install the Kext. I never figured out how to do the pin injection. Will that make it even better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back