Contribute
Register

Safari Crashing Webkit 10.12.6 Sierra problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, from what I've read since you mentioned that post, I agree.

If only AMD's cards worked OOB without a 'helper card' I'd be happy to switch and do away with extra layer of web-drivers. Not sure if the HD 630 would be powerful enough, but given I don't play games, perhaps I'm just being fussy.

I get the impression that the Nvidia Web-Drivers will now be less important to the company given Apple has apparently dropped all of their GPUs going forward. We, the Hackintosh community, must be their reason to do any further work at all.

:|

Thats for you to decide and test with HD 630. Only problem you may run into is sleep not sure on the state of Intel HD630 or 530 Graphics. Last I've heard that there were artefacts with HD 630. Only reason why i had my GTX 760 when i first built my Z77 Desktop was due to i use to play games back then but don't have much time nowadays. ATI Radon cards do work but requires work SSDT/DSDT Injection but have problems with Sleep/Wake.

Last edited:
The only issue i have experienced with the web drivers (using GTX 970) and safari is that being non-system libraries they fail the library validation check in Sierra. Certain sites, videos won't play, for example. Fixed with this kernel extension.

how about the upcoming eGPU stuff which is supported by Apple Macs ? That might be a reason as well no ?

Yes, I've been looking at RX 550 & 560 but would like a no-problem boot sequence. Prefer internal though ...
:)

Yes, I've been looking at RX 550 & 560 but would like a no-problem boot sequence. Prefer internal though ...
:)
yeh me too! I mean regarding interest of Nvidia, probably they keep interest when they see that Apple Macs support eGPU now and not just our community

So after hours of experimenting I've come to the conclusion that Nvidia Drivers with some Cards are buggy in 10.12. Ive moved to Intel HD4000 going from Facebook Tab to Youtube back to Facebook no Crashes. Maybe its better to just use Intel HD Graphics from now on tbh. Probably end up flogging my 760 on eBay.

Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 20.59.44.png

So after hours of experimenting I've come to the conclusion that Nvidia Drivers with some Cards are buggy in 10.12. Ive moved to Intel HD4000 going from Facebook Tab to Youtube back to Facebook no Crashes. Maybe its better to just use Intel HD Graphics from now on tbh. Probably end up flogging my 760 on eBay.

View attachment 277182
same conclusion here, I hope that it get better in high Sierra. If not I will have to look for an alternative. AMD ?

same conclusion here, I hope that it get better in high Sierra. If not I will have to look for an alternative. AMD ?

You can try a Radeon GPU but you will have to enable Onboard IGPU with the newer cards. Older cards like the 6870 works native.

Didn't you have problems with Safari + IGPU? Maybe the Intel drivers are buggy too.

Didn't you have problems with Safari + IGPU? Maybe the Intel drivers are buggy too.
nope, iGPU is even faster with NI Maschine which i use. No crashes with Safari or anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back