Contribute
Register

Safari Crashing Webkit 10.12.6 Sierra problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also get crashes with etc web driver. Using the iGPU works better here.
Hi, I just got back home and do some testing.

I just did whats mentioned in this link here -> https://appletoolbox.com/2015/10/mac-safari-web-content-quit-unexpectedly-error-fix/

I will be rigorously testing the browser by opening multiple Facebook pages, YouTube videos and new articles for the next three hours. I am still running Nvidia Web Driver and still have my onboard intel graphics disabled.

I usually face Safari Webkit crashes every 30/40 minutes. Will provide updates once my tests are finished.

Update, it crashed! :(

What part of the crash report should I submit? (It's long, it is really long!) I have it copy pasted in Notes.

I am facing this same issue with Safari. Web Kit crashes when I am browsing Facebook.
The second thing is I want to highlight is, I was using Chrome earlier, every 20/30 mins I faced an 'aw snap' issue. It was too annoying and so I switched to Safari.

After using Safari for a while, I started facing the WebKit issue.
I am running OSX 10.12.6 on GA-Z87X-OC Motherboard with a GTX 760. (Have disabled my onboard intel graphics since it's interfering with my GTX 760.

I am also using a MacBook Pro with OS 10.12.0 and Safari and Chrome works fine on it. Is it OS version specific issue?

(A little off topic point - Google Chrome on my machine worked fine with Windows 10 Creator's Update. On a random day, Windows UI got corrupted I had to reinstall from a disk which had a very old version of Windows 10 which started giving me 'Aw Snap' errors on Google Chrome and often crashed while updating)

Im starting to believe its related to Nvidia Graphics. Im currently using Intel HD 4000 with a H77N-WIFI no Crashes. Probably will end up throwing my 760 on Ebay anyway.

Im starting to believe its related to Nvidia Graphics. Im currently using Intel HD 4000 with a H77N-WIFI no Crashes. Probably will end up throwing my 760 on Ebay anyway.

Well, I need my 760 to play Overwatch. :p

Yes, if this problem isn't Safari itself, then it'll be interesting to hear if anyone running an AMD discrete card is suffering from these crashes and glitches.

:crazy:

Not many people reporting the problem with Radeon Graphics like there is with Nvidia Graphics. Personally I think the Drivers are just buggy compared to Intel HD Drivers.

Are you talking about the native drivers or the web drivers? Because the nvidia web drivers for 10.12.6 are still in beta stage.

Are you talking about the native drivers or the web drivers? Because the nvidia web drivers for 10.12.6 are still in beta stage.

Both. Native & Nvidia Web Drivers. The Native Drivers has issues with Safari and Final Cut Pro. I've moved to Intel HD 4000 and the crash has disappeared in both Safari & Final Cut Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back