Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB Windforce OC Edition
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys

This is the third time now I've tried to get my hackintosh working but just can't get it.

My Specs are:

Asus Sabertooth X79 Motherboard
Intel 3930K
Gigabyte GTX 670 Graphics Card
32GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
2 x Samsung 830 128GB SSD's
2 x 2TB Segate Barrcuda HDD's

Now I eventually want to RAID these drives but I'm just trying to get a clean working install on one hard drive to start with.

The mobo should work as it has been succesfull with others before. I have copied Mr Hackintosh's Multibeast settings but they won't work. I've also tried to do it without the USB3 kext as I seen it sais it can cause boot errors.

The first 2 times I tried, the system froze on me a few seconds after multibeast finished. The third time it had a Kernel Panic a few seconds after multibeast finished.

Each time after restarting I get the boot0 error and can't get in to it. I have bought OSX Mountain Lion from the app store and prepared the unibeast USB (that all installs smooth), it just screws up when I use multibeast

Heres the settings

multibeastinstall1osx86.jpg

And here's the build I copied the settings from:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-builds/50621-asus-x79-sabertooth-core-i7-3960x-successful.html

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Blake

Bit of an update

I've been able to boot my Hackintosh succesfully using 10.7.0 (Lion). I'm not sure if something is different for Mountain Lion, but I'll try updating to 10.7.4 tonight (to get my GTX670 working properly) and then try and go to Mountain Lion. I'm guessing other people are not doing fresh installs of Mountain Lion, but instead are updating from Lion?

Any help is much appreciated!

Ok so I can update from 10.7.0 to Mountain Lion as long as I use "GraphicsEnabler=No"

Only problem is after I use multi beast with the settings posted above it kernel panics on boot. Ran it in -v mode and it gets stuck on "HDAEnabler"

Anybody at all?

hi yo_mang..u need do in multi beast just easybeast install and system utility - repair permission for the first time multi beast installed..after that just reboot and do the others next without any audio kext, audio kext do the last thing after all hardware already running..and it's work for me..
hope this will helpful..

hi yo_mang..u need do in multi beast just easybeast install and system utility - repair permission for the first time multi beast installed..after that just reboot and do the others next without any audio kext, audio kext do the last thing after all hardware already running..and it's work for me..
hope this will helpful..

Ended up doing a fresh install of Mountain Lion and running Multibeast but installing the options one by one. Found the problem!

Problem ended up being the FakeSMC Plugin for nVidia - I don't need to use it as the GTX 670 works natively in Mountain Lion and the plugin causes a Kernel Panic during boot! Not sure why I didn't think of this as it seems like an obvious one to have checked first!

All systems go now, got sound, network, graphics etc. Now to set up my RAID!

Ended up doing a fresh install of Mountain Lion and running Multibeast but installing the options one by one. Found the problem!

Problem ended up being the FakeSMC Plugin for nVidia - I don't need to use it as the GTX 670 works natively in Mountain Lion and the plugin causes a Kernel Panic during boot! Not sure why I didn't think of this as it seems like an obvious one to have checked first!

All systems go now, got sound, network, graphics etc. Now to set up my RAID!

Thanks this was the key piece of info I needed to get mine rolling as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back