Contribute
Register

Sabertooth X79 (3305) & 10.8.3 Audio Problems (Several of us need help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASROCK H270 Pro4
CPU
i7-3930K
Graphics
GTX 670
A week of thread-searching presents no solutions to the audio problems plaguing those of us with a Sabertooth X79 board at 3305 on 10.8.3. None of the prescribed solutions found by searching work, and I find a good dozen hits of people in my exact same situation.

I attempted to use a DSDT in this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...tx650-mountain-lion-g5-case-2.html#post547612 and it ended up rendering the system un-bootable, so I'm re-installing. The "use an old version of MultiBeast" trick does not work; no audio devices show up on reboot (not that they showed up to begin with).

There's a separate issue for those of us with the GTX 670 who can't use YouTube, but that seems to be an issue with Flash? Either way, would be nice to be able to use YouTube, but why test it without getting audio working in the first place?

The X79/3930K/GTX 670 combination is a popular one here, but all the builds seem to have taken place using a version of MultiBeast that doesn't play nice with 10.8.3. I don't recall my previous build (the two-year-old i7 I'm typing on now) being this difficult, but a lot of us bought these systems because they were praised so much on these forums.

SO if anyone has any help, please, help. Thanks!

I am with you. I spent the whole day, searching for the right kext or configuration to enable audio. I need audio on my s/pdif. with the newest multibreast, I can see a light coming out of the optical port. but connecting it to my boxes brings zero sound. in desperate need of a solution!!!

any help would be appreciated.

rob

Have you tried a modified voodoo kext as it is explained here http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/46043-modified-voodoohda-2-7-3-no-noise-pops-192khz-sample-rate.html. You need to find out what is the device and vendor id of your board sound chipset.
If you follow my steps for my build everything should work for you. I just recently built my hackintosh the day after 10.8.3 was released and I have sound working. The issue your having with YouTube is linked with your sound issue, I had the same problem where videos would not play longer then 10 seconds then freeze. So follow these steps Hope it helps, it has helped others recently http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...toothx79-h100i-3x-vertex4-ssd-16gb-ram-8.html

I installed the 4.6.1 drivers already - without success :(

the 5.2.1 at least gets the s/pdif light up.

I remember trying out the VoodoHDA kext and I had a neat panel showing up in the system settings...but still no sound. btw how do I set the "device ID" as described in that thread?

thanks for your replies!

The "use an old version of MultiBeast" trick does not work; no audio devices show up on reboot
The X79/ML AppleHDA.kext looks like it is working but no sound. Try Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA. This AppleHDA.kext uses the SL/Lion Audio IDs (ML Audio ID will not work). If no dsdt, install the ALC892 Audio Enabler from MultiBeast 4.6.1 or older. If using a dsdt, edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x7C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00. If still no sound, reply with a copy of IOReg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg. Note: remove VooDooHDA.kext, if installed, prior to installing AppleHDA.kext.

Try Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA.

that fixed it for me! thanks, toleda!

here is what I did:

1. I ran Multibeast 4.6.1 again, only checked this: Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx (check)

2. reboot

3. put the AppleHDA.kext on the desktop (this one: Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA )

4. ran kextbeast

5. reboot. sound is now working!!!

you are my hero.

now, I have another, quite unrelated any maybe stupid question. how can I get my ML display a hexacore i7 cpu in the "about this mac" dialog?

that fixed it for me! thanks, toleda!

here is what I did:

1. I ran Multibeast 4.6.1 again, only checked this: Drivers & Bootloaders > Kexts & Enablers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx (check)

2. reboot

3. put the AppleHDA.kext on the desktop (this one: Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA )

4. ran kextbeast

5. reboot. sound is now working!!!

you are my hero.

now, I have another, quite unrelated any maybe stupid question. how can I get my ML display a hexacore i7 cpu in the "about this mac" dialog?
If you follow the link to my build it shows how to customize your "About This Mac" info

mikhail,

editing the smbios.plist only has ifluence on the basic mac information, but doesn't change the CPU unknown problem. I've tried to generate a correct AppleSystemInfo.string but to no avail. it seems to work differently in ML. got some more ideas?

also, I just saw that multibeast came out in a new version. does it include a new audio/graphics driver and is it worth checking out?

cheers,

rob

I'm also interested to know if anyone has had success with the new Multibeast for x79 boards on 10.8.3? I'm going through the software process right now. Sabertooth x79, 3930k, GTX670 build.

Also is it worth running a certain bios version on that board or just make sure it's up to date and go with it? Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back