Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok so after a little messing around I have it figured out. Keep it simple stupid, dont go overboard on the installs and safety checks. Follow this guide to upgrade 10.6.8 on Sabertooth P67 to 10.7.

Note - you must have NullCPUPowerManagement installed to E/E before using xMove!!!

1) Follow xMove tutorial.

2) To get onboard Audio to work, use AppleHDARollback and ALC8xxx in Kexts > Audio > Realtek

3) Reboot

4) Open Network preferences and click Ethernet on side, reselect Using DHCP (or whatever your machine uses), and click apply.

5) Re-plugin your bluetooth dongle (if you have one)

6) Enjoy!!

I have almost the same pc config as you do however I can't get the lion installer working. I installed SL without problem, could upgrade to 10.6.7, used Xmove to create lion installer partition. When I try to boot from that installer partition, I get the apple logo and then it reboots. (Probably a kernel panic) Do you have a special bios version or custom bios settings to get this working?

BTW, my system gives a kernel panic after upgrading to 10.6.8 as well.

Asus Sabertooth P67, Intel i7 2600K, 4 X 4 GB Corsair Vengence 1866 Mhz

@Erdinc: Check your video card. I fixed the same problem when I changed from ATI X1950XT to Nvidia 8800GTS.

Hello, Ellman 121 First Thanks for your tutorial by the time you've taken to share your information ..!

I tell you want to avoid having to reinstall Leopard on my machine to install directly from a USB installer Lion I created ...
Lion I installed successfully on 2 computers one com MB Intel Core2Duo Intel and NVIDIA 9500 GT, the other is my main machine P6TD Core i7 MB Asus Deluxe 6 gb of ram and nvidia GT 220 ... Both perfect in everything when I Snow Leopard and now Leon ...!
Well .. A few days ago I decided to buy a new monster to Install Mac only Lion in it and I agreed with the components you have, exactly the XFX ATI HD 6870, Sandy Bridge Processor Core i7 2600K, the Sabertooth Mainboard Asus P67 and 16 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance.
Could you please give me your kexts, DSDT, or otherwise modifying Extra folder you've done to be ready and waiting for my monster for about 15 days and I get to share experiences on this setting for this apparent SuperMacPro ...
Another question that this performance, which notes improvements in performance of the machine with Lion and also think it's good cart or have to conform ...?
Greetings from Ecuador and apologize for my English ..!

ellman121, does your onboard SPIDF work? I've got no sound from the onboard SPDIF.

hi i ve got exactly same config as yours, i used easy beast and it recognized even the serial number of the computer, however i wonder if you used any dsdt and if you have some other tips regarding lion osx 10.7.2, my version runs great except i had a problem with one of my device to record music so i basically repartitioned the space so i can use SNL 10.6.6 that one works like a charm for me!

@ellmann121
can you confirm that your optical drive fully works? i have the same for my new build but i am not shure if it will work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back