Status
Not open for further replies.
so ryan it's a perfect config right? :D

now i have this config:
GA-X58A-UD5
i7 920
Ati 5770 1 gb gddr5
12 gb Ram Corsair

It's work perfectly but i want to upgrade my sistem with new mobo, new cpu new gpu and a ssd!
I have founded this:

Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H
i5-4670K Haswell
GTX 660 DirectCU II Oc
Samsung MZ-7TE250BW 840 EVO SSD 250 GB,
16 gb RAM Corsair Vengeance supported by this mobo!

you say your same configuration, I should have no problem, right?
Thank you! :crazy:

Here is my build I put together today:

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H Z87 LGA 1150 2-Way SLI Dual LAN ATX Motherboard
Fractal Design Define R4 Case Pearl Black (The best case I've ever seen because its so quiet).
Corsair RM Series 850 Watt psu.
16GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-19200 2400MHz Trident X Series F3-2400C10D-16GTX
2 Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III
HighPoint Rocket 640L Lite Version 4-Port PCI-Express 2.0
Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor

I somehow messed up and ordered the Corsair Hydro Series H110 280 mm which I thought was 240mm so this thing won't fit because of the case and motherboard. I am going to save it for future use and I'm going to order a different radiator that will work with this case and motherboard.

I had to replace the motherboard because somehow the CPU pins were bent and the day I received it I contacted Amazon and they replaced it. I can't believe they did this as their policy states that bent CPU pins is because of customer's fault. I advised them that as soon as I took off they protector this was the first thing I noticed and messaged them about this. Amazon was great and awesome for replacing this board. They didn't have to but I am grateful they did. I didn't bend the pins and I sure like to know how they got bent. Has this ever happened to anyone on tonymac yet? I've built PC since 1998 and this was the first time I've seen this before. Usually its something else on the motherboard that is broke or bent. I think they need to get away from using pins on the motherboards and use the same connections that the CPU use. It will still have connection because the cpu brackets will make sure of this. Unless heat may cause connection problems. JMHO...

Just curious about something everybody I see, a majority of people on here and other websites, only get the 1600mhz RAM instead of 2400mhz. Is this because of budget or something else. I will say this rig is fast, very fast, the best custom I've ever built so far.

Thank you everyone who built their OSX System using this board because I love it. Even with the stock fan it's running at 32 degrees C right now. But I want the radiator, never had one so I am going to find one that fits.

Great build! I want to build my first machine but was a little concerned b/c I read this motherboard has issues when using all 4 ram slots. I notice you guys didn't mention it. Has this been resolved?
I plan to use the same MOBO and i7, but run Mountain Lion (10.8.5) for Pro Tools HDX v10/11. I also plan to run the built in HDMI to my HDTV with no graphics card. Any ram recommendations?

Thanks!!

This is the build I followed, I have put the parts together.

I dont have access to a mac, only have access to a Windows PC

I am going to purchase one of the OS X Operaring Systems tommorow

Any Suggestions to which one???

What I need to understand also is how can I install the OS X on my SSD.???

I have read the guide and I get confused as to what to do...

Hi,

So I'm running the same motherboard with 16gb of RAM, and a GTI770. Great setup so far, and the current MultiBeast (6.4.2 (1)) nailed it on the head with the Easy Beast option. My only issue is audio not working on a wake from sleep.

I am using the ALC898 kext from MultiBeast on OS X 10.9.4. Sometimes, I need to reload the kext after the machine has been in a deep sleep, and sometimes the audio only works on the right side speaker. Restarts will fix audio occasionally, and the sound Sys Pref seems to recognize audio output, although it seems to think my external speakers are actually internal...

Also, audio works from sleep in Win 7. which is installed on a separate ssd. And, who do I thank for doing such an awesome job on making this a relatively painless process?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have a 4790K i7 build using this board, 16Gb RAM and using the internal graphics. So far cannot get two monitors to run in split mode, they each show the same thing. Has anybody managed to get split mode working at all? I'm on the verge of purchasing a separate graphics card as I haven't been able to sort this one out.

Any advice welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back