i7-8700K
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

After banging my head at this for 20 hours over the past 3 days, I"m really out of ideas. The excitement I felt towards building a hackintosh has turned to despair. I could really use some help.

Toggling intel and ati injections, enabling/disabling cms and dedicated graphics in bios, changing profiles (ultimately going back to MacPro6,1), and trying a few different platform ids I am completely out of ideas.

The problem, is that my DVI connected 1920x screen works fine, but I have a new 4K that gets no signal via the DP outputs and a pink/purple tint via the HDMI output. (I also have to unplug it at boot, because if both my screens are plugged in, then I get no video signal to both screens after apple logo. So I have to wait until I'm logged in, before plugging the 4k in)

I've attached my bootlog (generated in clover configurator) and my plist. I hope someone can take a few minutes to assist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 93
  • bootlog.txt
    24.3 KB · Views: 110
Hi all,

After banging my head at this for 20 hours over the past 3 days, I"m really out of ideas. The excitement I felt towards building a hackintosh has turned to despair. I could really use some help.

Toggling intel and ati injections, enabling/disabling cms and dedicated graphics in bios, changing profiles (ultimately going back to MacPro6,1), and trying a few different platform ids I am completely out of ideas.

The problem, is that my DVI connected 1920x screen works fine, but I have a new 4K that gets no signal via the DP outputs and a pink/purple tint via the HDMI output. (I also have to unplug it at boot, because if both my screens are plugged in, then I get no video signal to both screens after apple logo. So I have to wait until I'm logged in, before plugging the 4k in)

I've attached my bootlog (generated in clover configurator) and my plist. I hope someone can take a few minutes to assist.

What kexts do you have in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and /Library/Extensions/?

Please try this config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 97
fakeSMC, Lilu, and WEG in other, and a really long list of stuff in system. Please see attached. Meanwhile, I'll swap the configs and do a boot.

That's the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder. I just need to know what's in /Library/Extensions/.

Make sure the versions of Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext you have in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ are the latest versions.

The provided config got me stuck on the prohibition sign at boot via dvi and black screen on the new 4k via HDMI, so I went back to the old config.

That's the /System/Library/Extensions/ folder. I just need to know what's in /Library/Extensions/.
I've added the Lilu and WEG kexts via the clover configurator so I imagine they are the latest versions.
The list in L/E is a lot smaller, but I don't know how the stuff got there. I didn't add anything there manually in the last few days. Perhaps it's what was there from the original setup... Anything you think I should delete?

WhateverGreen.kext
ACS6x.kext
AppleALC.kext
ArcMSR.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
PromiseSTEX.kext
SoftRAID.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext

The provided config got me stuck on the prohibition sign at boot via dvi and black screen on the new 4k via HDMI, so I went back to the old config.

I've added the Lilu and WEG kexts via the clover configurator so I imagine they are the latest versions.
The list in L/E is a lot smaller, but I don't know how the stuff got there. I didn't add anything there manually in the last few days. Perhaps it's what was there from the original setup... Anything you think I should delete?

WhateverGreen.kext
ACS6x.kext
AppleALC.kext
ArcMSR.kext
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
PromiseSTEX.kext
SoftRAID.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext

Please try this config.plist.

Please delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and VoodooTSCSync.kext.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 91
No noticeable change so far... when both monitors are plugged in, the both get no signal.
On it's own (as in just 1 plugged in during boot)
- the dvi loads fine (and I can then plug in the 4k via hdmi with purple tint)
- 4k no video on hdmi dp

Please try the following fix to fix purple tint:

Please try adding the following to your config.plist:
Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 7.56.56 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back