intel
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Dear All,
I have run into the following issue after installing Catalina on a separate internal SSD of a working Mojave machines. Specs are as follows:

Board: Gigabyte H97M-HD3
16GB Ram
I5-4690
RX580 GPU
Two SSD: Samsung 840 - 750GB (Catalina) and Sandisk Ultra 960GB (High Sierra)

I had a third SSD running a very stable version of Mojave installed also. It all went wrong one day when the Mojave SSD became corrupted. It started with taking ages to boot while the other systems worked fine. When it did finally completely fail the GPU went with it. It is installed in the computer but not recognised, neither by Catalina nor by High Sierre which both recognised the GPU prior to the crash. The GPU does not show any external signs of being broken, LEDs are white (not red as when installed incorrectly) but it does not show up in the system profile nor in the DPCI manager.
I was able to save the old EFI folder for the working Mojave install and used it to do a clean test install. No dice. Mojave, though working stable in all respect will also not recognise the GPU anymore.
I've done my research and played around with different clover settings but to no avail. I currently have Clover 4934 installed. Clover configurator will not let me upgrade to newer versions (server unavailable error).
I am wondering if the GPU is bust or the PCIe slot or if it has something to do with me trying to upgrade Clover (coincidently the Mojave system crash coincided with upgrading Clover).
I have no other system to test the GPU on and no Windows install to test if the GPU is recognised by that OS.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Malte

following this as I have the rx580 with Asus ROG board with Mojave currently.

Dear All,
I have run into the following issue after installing Catalina on a separate internal SSD of a working Mojave machines. Specs are as follows:

Board: Gigabyte H97M-HD3
16GB Ram
I5-4690
RX580 GPU
Two SSD: Samsung 840 - 750GB (Catalina) and Sandisk Ultra 960GB (High Sierra)

I had a third SSD running a very stable version of Mojave installed also. It all went wrong one day when the Mojave SSD became corrupted. It started with taking ages to boot while the other systems worked fine. When it did finally completely fail the GPU went with it. It is installed in the computer but not recognised, neither by Catalina nor by High Sierre which both recognised the GPU prior to the crash. The GPU does not show any external signs of being broken, LEDs are white (not red as when installed incorrectly) but it does not show up in the system profile nor in the DPCI manager.
I was able to save the old EFI folder for the working Mojave install and used it to do a clean test install. No dice. Mojave, though working stable in all respect will also not recognise the GPU anymore.
I've done my research and played around with different clover settings but to no avail. I currently have Clover 4934 installed. Clover configurator will not let me upgrade to newer versions (server unavailable error).
I am wondering if the GPU is bust or the PCIe slot or if it has something to do with me trying to upgrade Clover (coincidently the Mojave system crash coincided with upgrading Clover).
I have no other system to test the GPU on and no Windows install to test if the GPU is recognised by that OS.
Any ideas?
Thanks, Malte
Troubleshoot must start with BIOS.
Check BIOS_Peripherals initial Display. If it is not PCIE, set it as PCIE.
If Intial Display is already PCIE and you still don't get your AMD Radeon RX580 recognized in System Report and in DPCI Manager, try hardware troubleshoot removing and reseating the Video Card and rechecking BIOS and System Preferences. If still no Display from your PCIE Card in the First PCIE 16 slot you may try the second slot to rule out Slot issue and if no response RMA the Card. Problem is unlikely with CLOVER.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 6.54.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 6.54.09 AM.png
    382.5 KB · Views: 321
I have same problem on my 3 machine
Z77 , Z370 , Z390 after I update macOS 10.14.6 (18G95) DPCIManager not detect any GPU. Actually ioregistryexplorer show perfect gpu setup. only DPCIManager are not detected. my bios are set to PCIe = primary.
any one with same problem ?
and did anyone fix this problem.
I try DPIManager 1.8 and same problem.

I have same problem on my 3 machine
Z77 , Z370 , Z390 after I update macOS 10.14.6 (18G95) DPCIManager not detect any GPU. Actually ioregistryexplorer show perfect gpu setup. only DPCIManager are not detected. my bios are set to PCIe = primary.
any one with same problem ?
and did anyone fix this problem.
I try DPIManager 1.8 and same problem.

Me too, DCPIManager doesn't see the RX580 after the latest Mojave security update. Not a big deal, probably a bug in DCPIManager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back