Contribute
Register

RX580 No Video after sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im using the Sapphire 11265-01-20G Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 8GB.
Not sure what you mean about something fancy, but other than the above, nothing else to get the display ports working.
I have 2 monitors.

was going to look at inject ATI vs inject Intel and changing the ig-platform-id

Im using the Sapphire 11265-01-20G Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 8GB.
Not sure what you mean about something fancy, but other than the above, nothing else to get the display ports working.
I have 2 monitors.

was going to look at inject ATI vs inject Intel and changing the ig-platform-id

i tried that, it also works. but the problem is osx uses the intel gpu for hardware encoding en not the gpu of the rx580. maybe you know how to solve that ?

I'm giving up for a while on perfection....
Best I can get is turn the internal iGPU off so I can get videos and also having them work after Sleep.
I just need to avoid preview for JPGs and Desktops.

@markmac, I hear what you're saying about OSX and the intel, but isn't this problem only with RX580? Do folks with other cards or NVIDIA have the problem?

I'm giving up for a while on perfection....
Best I can get is turn the internal iGPU off so I can get videos and also having them work after Sleep.
I just need to avoid preview for JPGs and Desktops.

@markmac, I hear what you're saying about OSX and the intel, but isn't this problem only with RX580? Do folks with other cards or NVIDIA have the problem?

i do not know for sure. i am searching the forum about it right now. if you found a better solution later on i would like to hear it :)

absolutely will post any solutions or finds....this forum has been very good at getting this NOOB up and running, its the least I can do to payback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back