Contribute
Register

RX580 Fan Display and Control - GPUsensors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Is there any way to control fan in R580 on macos?
Something like Vega?

i am also interesse i have a periodic range with a fréquence. may be i need to ajsute data for zero in ?

Is there any way to control fan in R580 on macos?

Does your fan run after mac OS boots into the login screen? (The fan on with Sapphire Pulse RX580 Pulse installed on my 300 Series-1 stops after booting High Sierra, Mojave or Catalina Beta - restarts when running Geekbench)

Do you want the fan running faster or slower? Also have you installed HWMonitor to check fan speed?

Hi,

using this terminal script:
Code:
while sleep 2; do ioreg -l |grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan\|Clock'; done

it shows me a memory clock of 400Mhz for my RX580 8GB... Is that correct? It also is the only value which never changes on load. The specs of the GPU say 8000 MHz:

Then I read in the whatevergreen Radeon FAQ that there is a performance profile selector:
How can I configure workload policy?
Workload policy is a performance optimisation profile used by your GPU. Depending on the workload policy your GPU can consume less power or be more responsive. To configure workload policy specify PP,PP_WorkLoadPolicyMask with a corresponding bitmask: 0x01 — DEFAULT_WORKLOAD (default), 0x02 — FULLSCREEN3D_WORKLOAD, 0x04 — POWERSAVING_WORKLOAD, 0x08 — VIDEO_WORKLOAD, 0x10 — VR_WORKLOAD, 0x20 — COMPUTE_WORKLOAD, 0x40 — CUSTOM_WORKLOAD.

But how do I set that workload profile? Is it a kernel start parameter?

And last question: DO I still need the IGPU enabled for video hardware decoding?

EDIT:
I added this now into my DSDT.aml under PEG0:

Code:
Device (GFX0)
            {
                Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
                {
                    Store (Package (0x02)
                        {
                            "PP_WorkLoadPolicyMask",
                            0x02
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

And now the memory clock goes up to 2000Mhz, depending on load. Any other way to speed it up?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back