Contribute
Register

RX580 and FCPX, rendering issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RX580 doesn't seem to activate at all in FCPX but hey, prior to this thread, I couldn't export anything so I'll take it. Just make sure I didn't miss anything.

I did run Cinebench after making these changes and my Cinebench score went up almost 60 points. Prior to this I was at 101....after making the changes it jumped to 158 FPS. Thanks again!

Have you tried brucie 5k for benchmark?

With uhd630 only its over a min, with Rx560 its just around 33sec, 1070 is around 30.
Just ran the BruceX test....came in at 1min 17sec. Honestly, a little slower than I expected.

Any way to force it into using the GPU?

Just ran the BruceX test....came in at 1min 17sec. Honestly, a little slower than I expected.

Any way to force it into using the GPU?

That speed is way off. Should be in the 16 - 20 seconds range. Not sure what is wrong with your setup but it might not be using the iGPU or GPU (probably just all CPU).

Post your config.plist file, your performance is similar to just using intel igpu. You need intel and amd working together as intended.
Thanks to all for the discussion.....I think I finally got it.

Went over my config.plist and discovered I "fat fingered" one of the HEX settings. Fixed it and I now get exports consistently at 16 seconds.

Appreciate all the help!

Does anyone fixed the slow h264 rendering problem in FCPX

Hi every one.
i am new in this very forum. i have same issues with my system. i just migrated from gtx 970 Nvidia to rx 580 8gb. because i have been making some research in the forum ever since i discover that this is supported by Mac os.
so i bought this card and install and upgraded to 13.3.6.
Fcp is very slow when rendering h264 format.because i use it every time for editing.

my specs....
Asus p8cws workstation 1155 socket.
i7 2600k cpu
rx 580 8gb pulse
32gb ram 1600.
850 psu

without the Nvidia card the h264 video format will crash.
any help please
thanks in advance.
my clover plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.6 KB · Views: 162
Thanks to all for the discussion.....I think I finally got it.

Went over my config.plist and discovered I "fat fingered" one of the HEX settings. Fixed it and I now get exports consistently at 16 seconds.

Appreciate all the help!
please help others to theirs
i think we can also be felix as you bro.

Hi every one.
i am new in this very forum. i have same issues with my system. i just migrated from gtx 970 Nvidia to rx 580 8gb. because i have been making some research in the forum ever since i discover that this is supported by Mac os.
so i bought this card and install and upgraded to 13.3.6.
Fcp is very slow when rendering h264 format.because i use it every time for editing.

my specs....
Asus p8cws workstation 1155 socket.
i7 2600k cpu
rx 580 8gb pulse
32gb ram 1600.
850 psu

without the Nvidia card the h264 video format will crash.
any help please
thanks in advance.
my clover plist.
try this one...put 2 kext files in efi\clover\kexts\other... delete all files about nvidia...disable iGPU...check if you have hardware acceleration... check with BruceX test ( should be aprox.30 sec) and report if any problem....

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 184
  • Archive.zip
    492.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back