Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B450M-DS3H
CPU
Ryzen 5 1600
Graphics
RX580
Hi, I'd like to request for some help regarding flashing a MAXSUN RX580 2048SP 4GB. I bought it a couple of years ago thinking it was RX580 but I've researched and it's an RX570 with 10% improved performance. I would like to install Hackintosh but I have no idea how and what BIOS to flash to make it work.

Can someone kindly guide me?

I would not flash anything without DUAL BIOS unless you really know what you doing.

Also I am not sure why you want to flash your VBIOS in regards with MacOS. Both RX570 and RX580 are supported.

I don't have an RX580. I have an RX580 2048SP. It's a china-exclusive GPU that's 10% better than 570 but 10% worse than 580 in terms of performance.
I installed Mojave 2-3 years ago, back then the GPU refused to be detected because the GPU ID is neither of 580 nor of 570.
I read here that others were having the same problem

In the thread, they suggest using fake-id and I did that back then but it never worked. I was using clover bootloader.
Someone also wrote about hackintosh working after they flashed the bios from 570. This is why I wanted to do it.

I haven't tried hackintosh since then, do you think it can work without flashing bios? Because the card has the exact same architecture as a 570, it's kinda like an overclocked 570 but with different name and ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back