Contribute
Register

RX570 Dual Display not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone some ideas how to get DVI ports to work?

Unfortunately, what ended up working for me was buying a DP->DVI adapter for my monitor. Now I've got dual displays.

Edit: this below comment is useless. I sacked up and reverted to vanilla config.plist and dual displays works (with the DP->DVI adapter, of course). I did get a random hard freeze. Not sure what that was about.

I also followed this guide, I'm not sure if dual displays would work without it, too afraid to touch anything now. But linking for posterity. But this guide did not enable DVI so it's not useful to you.
Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Last edited:
For me, No matter whether I use the ATIinject (orinoco FB), radeondeinit or whatevergreen or not, video output over DP works, with HDMI the monitor stays black. The dp cable is not mine so I can't use it forever. Is there any other way to get the HDMI ports working so I don't have to spend 25€ on cables and adapters?

I recently changed my system definitions from iMac14,2 to iMac18,3, which resulted in the DisplayPort not showing anything any more (RX580).

One or two people reported that changing it to MacPro6,1 solved the problem for them. I don't want to go through the pain of fixing iMessage again, now that everything runs so smoothly... but I guess I will have to, just in order to avoid the shitty 30hz refresh rate on my beautiful 4K screen.

Definitely changing to MacPro6,1 did the trick and now dual monitor is working. Thanks a lot.

Had the same issue, thank you for the MacPro6,1 suggest. I can confirm, this works even with 3 displays connected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back