Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170N-WIFI
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
AMD RX570
Hey everyone!

Ive had my Hackintosh up and running for about 6 months now. I recently bought another display and I can't seem to get both displays working at the same time. There is so much information out there and it's hard to tell what is old and/or outdated advice.

My main display is connected via display port and my secondary monitor is connected via HDMI. I know that both ports work because each display will work fine if it's the only one plugged in.

A few things that I have read that I am not sure if I should try is:

- Change the SMBIOS to Mac Pro 6,1 (Can I use multicast or clover to change SMBIOS without negatively affecting anything?)
- in the Radeon Compatibility Guide I saw this in the FAQ
If you're using RadeonFramebuffer, try to inject a matching framebuffer (and vice versa).
but I'm not sure how to do that.

Ill attach my config.plist if that helps.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 402
There is no guarantee that you can mix and match Display Port and HDMI cables. Many of these issues are solved simply by using two display port cables and making sure the monitors are set for the correct inputs.

Is the 570 your only GPU? Are you running HS? Download the latest versions of Lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext and put them in your Clover\Kexts\Other folder then reboot.

I am currently driving three monitors (one 28' 4K and two 23'@1080p) with an RX 560 on HS.

There is no guarantee that you can mix and match Display Port and HDMI cables. Many of these issues are solved simply by using two display port cables and making sure the monitors are set for the correct inputs.

Interesting, unfortunately th 570 I has only has one DP port and one HDMI port and 2 DVI ports. Would this be a macOS issue only? When I boot to windows both displays work fine.

Is the 570 your only GPU? Are you running HS? Download the latest versions of Lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext and put them in your Clover\Kexts\Other folder then reboot.

Yes, the 570 is my only GPU and yes I am running High Sierra. Im not sure if I have lily or whatever green Ill check and try that out.

thanks for the responses!

Throw in the nVidiaGraphicFixup.kext along with Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext and it should enable all ports.

There are better ways to do this, but 10.13.4 is around the corner and should support this card with ports and without Lilu/WhateverGreen out of the box.

Throw in the nVidiaGraphicFixup.kext along with Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext and it should enable all ports.

There are better ways to do this, but 10.13.4 is around the corner and should support this card with ports and without Lilu/WhateverGreen out of the box.

I added WhateverGreen and Lilu but that didn't help. Do I need to install NvidiaGraphicFixup since I have an AMD card?

If 10.13.4 will fix it then I guess I can wait if I can't get it working soon.

I added WhateverGreen and Lilu but that didn't help. Do I need to install NvidiaGraphicFixup since I have an AMD card?

If 10.13.4 will fix it then I guess I can wait if I can't get it working soon.

Yes just drop in that nvidia kext and it should enable the other ports. It says nvidia but works with amd as well.

It’s just a kext and you don’t modify anything. You can remove it later.

hey I recently changed to an Asus radeon RX 570 to get hardware acceleration under OS X Mojave but I have problems to get DVI ports working. As nVidiaGraphicFixup.kext is now included in WhatEverGreen.kext this solution doesn't help me.

What is working:
- GPU is initialised using latest LiLu (1.2.8) and WEG (1.2.4)
- full acceleration using DP and HDMI (adapters)
- displays on DVI are recognized but stay black

What I already tried:
- use WEG bootflags `-raddvi` and `-wegbeta`
- inject extracted vBios rom with clover
- create framebuffer patch for clover with AMDFramebufferUtility (Error: "Card Info not found")
- switch bios settings from "Legacy rom" to ""EFI compatible rom" (boot freeze with vga_led lighting up)
- update bios from 3207 to 3602
- flash vbios with verified rom from techpowerup

Has anyone some ideas how to get DVI ports to work?

I have a similar problem. Only the HDMI port works on a Gigabyte RX580. 3 other displayport ports stay black.
Funny that the second screen does get detected and I can even see it when screen sharing but the screen stays black.
Tried whatevergreen and different system definitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back