Contribute
Register

RX560 recognised as Radeon Pro 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see something along the lines of this on mine, not that I care as long as it functions ok.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 4.09.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 4.09.09 PM.png
    22.2 KB · Views: 219
Cosmetic - thats the Name which is shown in some GPU Benches or OpenGLExtensiuonsViewer etc. - has also zero effect on speed.

Not a big problem as long as it works.

RX560 is the best/most affordable GPU I've ever used under macOS High Sierra. Most stable and am very happy. No lags compared to nVidia.

Will go with Vega 64 when prices aren't ridiculous because I still want to game under Windows.
I have HS on second ssd but at this time HS stil buggy for me, I have issue wake up from sleep when I put my hack lot of time a day. With Sierra I can put my hack 10 times or more a day without issue

I can confirm that RadeonDeInit = true will change your RX560 card name to "R9 XXX" and that using Whatevergreen and Lilu instead will change it to "Radeon Pro 560". This seems to just be cosmetic. There are people testing to see if there is a performance difference but I haven't seen one so far.

You can change the displayed name to whatever you would like with a simple config patch:

Code:
<key>Arbitrary</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>GPU Rename</string>
                <key>CustomProperties</key>
                <array>
                    <dict>
                        <key>Disabled</key>
                        <false/>
                        <key>Key</key>
                        <string>CFG,model</string>
                        <key>Value</key>
                        <string>Radeon RX560 OC</string>
                    </dict>
                </array>
                <key>PciAddr</key>
                <string>01:00.00</string>
            </dict>

As you can see, in this one I changed it to: "Radeon RX560 OC" but you can customise etc.

:)

I have HS on second ssd but at this time HS stil buggy for me, I have issue wake up from sleep when I put my hack lot of time a day. With Sierra I can put my hack 10 times or more a day without issue

Yes Sierra is much more stable but you have to remember it's EOL. Apple will only release security patches for it.

HS upgrade is inevitable and it will undoubtedly become stable as updates are released. There's A LOT of graphics related work done under the hood for High Sierra compared to Sierra.

since my gtx 660 glitched itself to death and Iv'e installed an rx 560 I have never managed to get the dvi port to do anything other than black screen (needs dvi dual link), and have therefore dug up my ancient and 6870 just to power my dual link monitor and im getting laggy video with **** poor frame rates all round.
Hacking framebuffers appears as a level way above my present copy paste hack mode, tho repeated reading brings it a tad closer.... the whole monitor issue is utterly baffling to me and my x58 rig is finally showing it's age.

Mind you, having discovered the obscurely placed project settings in after effects (file menu), im now able to add mercury and metal support to after effects with some tantalisingly fast renders and previews, so not all clouds.
I have so many monitor questions I don't know where to start.........

Did you try it in High Sierra? Any difference?
O have Mojave on my ssd and High Sierra with the same config.plist on my HDD. Allthough the high sierra works really good and says RX 560 at about this mac. On the other side, with the same config.plist, Mojave says my GPU is a RX 460. So, a would say the High Sierra is a little bit more optmized. I Will keep trying to fix that. But that’s not a big deal. Do not worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back