Contribute
Register

RX480 and Latest Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have the problem whether it is on auto or enabled.

I still have the problem whether it is on auto or enabled.
OKAY. But at least you have an image on iGPU at BIOS and CLOVER.

OKAY. But at least you have an image on iGPU at BIOS and CLOVER.

Right. But I am trying to get the graphics card to display this on startup. That is the exact problem I have described and solution I am trying to find.

Just to be clear, since the waters seem a bit muddy, these are the issues I am trying to solve for:

• I do not get a display when loading BIOS or clover when I am using my GPU, until I get to the login screen for Mojave
  • If I restart or boot fresh I do not always get an image *at all* with my GPU. Sometimes I get to the OSX login screen, sometimes I have to turn off the computer; there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it and I can't see verbose (due to the above) to see what is going on
  • When booting from my IGPU, I get a black screen at "IOConsolusers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0". The disk lights are blinking so there is activity, but I stop getting any sort of display to my monitor. This is with IGPU enabled or on auto in BIOS

Last edited:
Right. But I am trying to get the graphics card to display this on startup. That is the exact problem I have described and solution I am trying to find.
CSM you have BIOS turned off?

CSM you have BIOS turned off?

Yes.

Attached is my EFI folder.

BIOS has IGPU as auto, primary graphics as PCI slot 1 (where my rx 480 is). I have WEG and lilu in my extensions folder.

Part of the issue for instance, is that I got shut-down to work and not just restart. But now if I shut down, when I manually restart I do not get an image to my monitor from the GPU -at all- and can't tell if everything is even booting properly. I manually turn the machine off, then back on, and I load back to the OSX login screen (after going through BIOS and clover without being able to actually see what is going on),

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.8 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
If you do not see the image in BIOS and Clover, then try this setting:

Attachments

• csm legacy.jpg
    csm legacy.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 78
Yes.

Attached is my EFI folder.

BIOS has IGPU as auto, primary graphics as PCI slot 1 (where my rx 480 is). I have WEG and lilu in my extensions folder.

Part of the issue for instance, is that I got shut-down to work and not just restart. But now if I shut down, when I manually restart I do not get an image to my monitor from the GPU -at all- and can't tell if everything is even booting properly. I manually turn the machine off, then back on, and I load back to the OSX login screen (after going through BIOS and clover without being able to actually see what is going on),
You must start with this. The EFI directory has nothing to do with the lack of a BIOS image.

Thanks, now I can see bios and clover with my graphics card plugged in, with these BIOS settings. Much appreciated.

I am getting this double boot situation now from a cold boot. I turn on the machine and on the first Clover load I get the error 'Error alocating 0x11965 pages at 0x00000000001d50d000 alloc type 2 Couldn't allocate runtime area'.

So I hit the power button and restart. On the second boot, Clover goes through the load process and ends at the IOConsolusers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0" and then I load into Mojave.

For now, turn off iGPU. because it must have a good name in config. The system should get up on the RX460.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back