Asus TUF Z370-PLUS GAMING - Intel Socket 1151
CPU
intel i9 9900k 3.6ghz
Graphics
radeon rx vega 64 8gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello,
I have a mighty Hackintosh to do video performances with multiple display, but with an important display issue: if I plug more then 3 HD screens on my radeon rx vega 64 8gb (that should support 5 output), there are very regular lags of about one frame, every 5/6 seconds the image freeze, even with a super simple task like rotating the same image on the 4 or 5 screens.

What I have tested:
I have test the same booting on window and there is no issue, so its seems to be a driver/compatibility problem.
I read that people have no problem using the radeon rx vega 64 8gb as eGPU.
If I unplug the second graphic card (radeon rx 560 4gb) it does not change anything.

I'm not very familiar with programing (I do visual programing) and its my first Hackintosh, so it would be super useful if you have any clue or advice on how to fix this.

thanks in advance,

system: OSX 10.13.6 high sierra
gpus:
• radeon rx vega 64 8gb
• radeon rx 560 4gb
cpu: intel i9 9900k 3.6ghz
Memory: 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Storage: 512 GB Solid State PCI-Express Drive

Hey, I am planning to do the same (VEGA 64 + 5 Screens) and after reading your post here worried it couldn't work. Have you testet it further?

I did a new test at home a month ago (5HD screen on the card) and did not experiance any problem...
But during performance I was really poushing everything to the limite, so its hard to say if this problem is "realy gone".
In my opignon, now, it was comming from something else (differant refreshing rate on the differants screens?)
Other then that, its a realy great card....

best,

Ok, thanks for your report!
I think I will give the Vega try.
If you're running a show with the machine, are you not afraid of sudden problems like you described above? Do you have any PlanB, like a second machine, for this case?

No, we fixed the issue by using 4 screen on the vegas and 2 on a second card and then we had no problem EVER.
Its not a sudden bug, it was a constant issue, that when fixed, did not comme back.
No plan B... too complicate set-up to have a double line up, I do it when I have only 2 projections.

If you use two cards is all the GPU-Processing (if you use Touch Designer e.g.) done by the fast one? And the second one is only for supplying more screen space?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back