Contribute
Register

RX 6600 XT Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! Has anybody a success with a 6600 xt gpu card?

Don't expect any support for this new card, at least not in Big Sur. Big Sur supports RX 6800 / RX 6800 XT / RX 6900 XT, but not the RX 6700 XT, which uses a different chip and was released a while ago. I don't expect Apple to add support for new hardware for Big Sur now, especially as Big Sur will exit mainstream support once Monterey is released.

When Monterey is released, check again whether anybody have success again. Personally, I don't expect Apple to add support for these cards unless the Apple Silicon Macs gain eGPU support (which they don't have right now).

Don't expect any support for this new card, at least not in Big Sur. Big Sur supports RX 6800 / RX 6800 XT / RX 6900 XT, but not the RX 6700 XT, which uses a different chip and was released a while ago. I don't expect Apple to add support for new hardware for Big Sur now, especially as Big Sur will exit mainstream support once Monterey is released.

When Monterey is released, check again whether anybody have success again. Personally, I don't expect Apple to add support for these cards unless the Apple Silicon Macs gain eGPU support (which they don't have right now).
I don’t agreed with your point,The device id including 6600 XT and 6700XT was added in macos,I believe it will be supported in September,We need some much time for waiting,Trust in Apple.

I don’t agreed with your point,The device id including 6600 XT and 6700XT was added in macos,I believe it will be supported in September,We need some much time for waiting,Trust in Apple.
Then we will see. I am happy to be proven wrong in Monterey. But does the current beta versions of Monterey support them?

Seeing it from the viewpoint of Apple, why does it need to add support for these cards unless it intends to enable eGPU support for them? What Macs apart from the Intel Mac Pro can use variations of these cards? Will an Intel Mac Pro user be satisfied with these cards?

Seeing it from the viewpoint of Apple, why does it need to add support for these cards unless it intends to enable eGPU support for them? What Macs apart from the Intel Mac Pro can use variations of these cards? Will an Intel Mac Pro user be satisfied with these cards?
There is no profit motive for Apple to support these because they don't sell them. Only AMD would profit from the sales of these lower end cards. Apple usually only does what's best for their bottom line.

The device id including 6600xt and 6700xt was add in macos,i believe it will be supported in September.
It is October now and we don't see any support for them. Not yet.

Good News!

Displays​

New Features in macOS Monterey 12.1 beta​

• You can now use graphics cards that integrate the AMD Radeon 6600XT GPU. (82532062)

Good News!

Displays​

New Features in macOS Monterey 12.1 beta​

• You can now use graphics cards that integrate the AMD Radeon 6600XT GPU. (82532062)
No support for Big Sur, and don't expect any going forward, just as I thought.

Apple finally adds support for the 6600 XT in Monterey 12.1, but what about the 6700 XT? And is this support only available in the Intel build of Monterey but not the Apple Silicon build?

All interesting questions that hopefully will be answered soon.

Apparently the RX 6600 XT is based on Navi 23 while RX 6700 XT is based on Navi 22.

So support for the RX 6600 XT does not necessarily mean support for the RX 6700 XT. Perhaps I am wrong about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back