Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170-HD3
CPU
i5-6600k
Graphics
RX 580 4GB
I recently decided to add in an RX 580 into my hackintosh system, which was running on Intel HD 530 Graphics in 10.12.6(latest version of Sierra). I spent the entire day trying to get it to boot with the RX 580 but had no luck. The progress bar during boot would go to around 70% and then the screen with flash, left frozen with graphical artifacts. This also occurs when booting into verbose mode. I'm pretty sure this card is compatible OOB 10.12.6+. I've tried putting the Whatever Green and Lilu kext in the EFI partiton, and the checking the RadeonInit function in clover configurator. I've also tried turning off the IGPU and turning it back on in the bios. Any suggestions or corrections to what I have done would be appreciated. I will also attach my EFI for anyone who could help me troubleshoot the problem.

I recently decided to add in an RX 580 into my hackintosh system, which was running on Intel HD 530 Graphics in 10.12.6(latest version of Sierra). I spent the entire day trying to get it to boot with the RX 580 but had no luck. The progress bar during boot would go to around 70% and then the screen with flash, left frozen with graphical artifacts. This also occurs when booting into verbose mode. I'm pretty sure this card is compatible OOB 10.12.6+. I've tried putting the Whatever Green and Lilu kext in the EFI partiton, and the checking the RadeonInit function in clover configurator. I've also tried turning off the IGPU and turning it back on in the bios. Any suggestions or corrections to what I have done would be appreciated. I will also attach my EFI for anyone who could help me troubleshoot the problem.
did you have try to put gpu auto in bios ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back