Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 I Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
Tired of waiting for Apple and NVIDIA to play nice, I ordered Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 card for my rig. It arrived this morning and, to my chagrin, it's too long for my BitFenix case. The Pulse recommended in the Buyer's Guide also appears to be about 2 inches too long. I can't return the card to Newegg (sigh), but I got a good deal on it ($210), so I think I'll be able to sell it and get most of my money back. My question is: is there an RX 580 card that WILL fit in my BitFenix case?

honestly I think it would be easier to change the case..

Thanks, all. I went back to the case literature and realized that it COULD accommodate a longer card IF I removed the upper flex cage. The downside is that without the upper cage, the machine can only accommodate two 3.5 HDDs and a 2.5 SSD. So, I had to take out one of my 3.5 HDDs. I took out my Windows drive (I boot into Windows about twice a year). I can probably squeeze in another SDD, so I'll wait until I can get a 1TB SDD and clone my Windows drive onto it. Anyhow, up and running on the RX 580, and it's GORGEOUS. Anyhow, thanks all for the advice... and thanks for not mocking me too much...

Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 12.09.55 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back