Contribute
Register

RX 580 FCPX video rendering issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried 32MB, 64MB, 128MB, 512MB, 1024MB.

Same result, but for now, I will let it be at 64MB. But does using more than 64MB help with performance?

Thanks!

Only if using as primary display. Have you worked your IGPU without the RX card. In other words does it work on its own. Maybe getting IGPU properly supported first using ig platform IDs first then using with the RX will fix the issue. Does the IGPU register as 7mb or do you get the 1536mb of full support?

@wjones1972 did you solve the artefacts/pixelation issue? I'm having the same thing in fcpx when I use effects or transitions.. Before rendering video is fine, but after rendering it's all messed up.

Update:
FIXED

Hi there - wondering how you got this issue fixed. you and I have a very similar build and I'm getting the same issue.

Only if using as primary display. Have you worked your IGPU without the RX card. In other words does it work on its own. Maybe getting IGPU properly supported first using ig platform IDs first then using with the RX will fix the issue. Does the IGPU register as 7mb or do you get the 1536mb of full support?

What I found out is that with iGPU+RX480 I can render H.264 but no hardware acceleration for H.265, if I turn off iGPU and only use the RX480, I can render H.265 but it will freeze if I try H.264. In theory with iGPU+RX480 I should be able to render both, but that's not what happens.

What I found out is that with iGPU+RX480 I can render H.264 but no hardware acceleration for H.265, if I turn off iGPU and only use the RX480, I can render H.265 but it will freeze if I try H.264. In theory with iGPU+RX480 I should be able to render both, but that's not what happens.

In bios set IGPU for 64mb and enabled then set PEG or pCIE as primary display output. Are you setting IGPU for full support?

In bios set IGPU for 64mb and enabled then set PEG or pCIE as primary display output. Are you setting IGPU for full support?

In my BIOS it's iGPU 64MB and PEG as a primary display. On iStat it shows both GPU just like in Clover bootloader.

Full support? Is there something separately that I have to do just for that?

In my BIOS it's iGPU 64MB and PEG as a primary display. On iStat it shows both GPU just like in Clover bootloader.

Full support? Is there something separately that I have to do just for that?

That would be setting IGPU as primary display.

I will try it, if that solves everything, it would be awesome. It's just that from what I've read, most pple use the dedicated GPU as a primary display.

Some use lilu and Whatevrgreen, some rad de init, some nothing. It really seems to vary depending on your mobo, cpu and other equipment. What works for some won’t on another’s seemingly identical system. Even people with real macs have issues with rendering.

So I've tested it using the IGPU as the display, it forced me to use Intel Inject, otherwise it wouldn't work and only 0x0166007 worked. But it behaves the same way as when I use PEG as first choice. Interesting enough, if I use Inject ATI, it behaves as when I turn off IGPU on BIOS but the system is still recognising both cards but only rendering H.265.

I've tried the -disablegfxfirmware, GFX>IGPU, HECI>IMEI, etc. but none of that interferes.

I'm using Lilu and Whatevergreen. I tried some other experimental kext I found on this forum like one made for the HD4000 and another for H.265 using the RX4800 (something 4500) and even different SSDT.

I've tried iMacPro1,1, iMac19,1, MacPro6,1, iMac13,2, iMac14,2, iMac18,2 and iMac18,3.

I haven't figured out a way to make both H.264 AND H.265 render without having to restart.

And I'm not sure the system is stable because last time I did something heavier, the system would either get VERY slow or even reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back