Contribute
Register

RX 580 FCPX video rendering issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for the CONFIG... I'm gonna look through that.... so you can get QUICK SYNC working I assume? Are you on HIGH SIERRA?

Hm.. I just googled -radbeta.. what is that? So you don't even use any platform confgis huh? How's the 8700k?

@enricht, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Hi, anyone find a final solution to this? My specs are as below - and the OpenCL goes down by 50% after a while.

Skylake i5 6500 (3.2 Ghz), Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, AMD RX 580 4GB, Samsung Pro 960 M.2 512GB, macOS 10.13.2

Hi, anyone find a final solution to this? My specs are as below - and the OpenCL goes down by 50% after a while.

Skylake i5 6500 (3.2 Ghz), Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H, AMD RX 580 4GB, Samsung Pro 960 M.2 512GB, macOS 10.13.2

I have a z270 Hero IX.... Someone mentioned to try to enable the onboard video to fix it.. and he was right.... Here's my config file. You have to enable IGPU... but plug the monitor into your video card.

I have an rx580 8gb

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.1 KB · Views: 330
I have a z270 Hero IX.... Someone mentioned to try to enable the onboard video to fix it.. and he was right.... Here's my config file. You have to enable IGPU... but plug the monitor into your video card.

I have an rx580 8gb

MatiCohen's post (below) helped after multiple tries, having iGPU enabled would crash FCPX right after start. But making iGPU "Auto" at BIOS but with 64MB as he mentioned (inject Intel) worked so far. Havnt had the lower Compute score in the last 30mins. Fingers crossed that this sticks!

Don't give up my friend, i've had the exact same problem, as soon as you play a video the degradation begins, u lose x3 of the performance.

this is the only thing that fixed it for me, you have to boot igpu with the rx580, make sure you have igpu memory allocation of 64MB, if you can't control that, try IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup kext.

i've uploaded my config.plist

Last edited:
Hi there,
I need help. I have the same problem but even after trying MatiCohen's solution and as mentioned, the degradation happens straight after I watch a movie. These are the steps I did.
- iGPU enabled in the bios
- PCIE set as primary
- lnstalled intelgrapichsfixup.kext
- inject intel enabled
- platform-id 0x59120003
- igpu memory allocation of 64MB

Comparing the config files, I don't seem to have AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy enabled, nor can I find that ktext anywhere. My config is quite sparse comparatively, but everything is working well. Sleep/wake is good, I have quicksync enabled and everything is otherwise smooth (except for thunderbolt 3 which I haven't tested).
Is there anything missing? I added my config file. Any help is much appreciated :)

EDIT:
Oh hey, it works now. For some really bizarre reason, I mounted my WINDOWS HARD DRIVE (separate drive) EFI and replaced its content with the hackintosh efi and it works now. After multiple videos, FCPX, the degradation does not happen. It also works after I clear the Windows efi partition of the EFI folder. I wonder why it affects the boot, since I disabled all disk on boot priority other than my hackintosh.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Results are degrading again! :(
Is this happening to only RX 580 users?

Hi there,
EDIT:
Oh hey, it works now. For some really bizarre reason, I mounted my WINDOWS HARD DRIVE (separate drive) EFI and replaced its content with the hackintosh efi and it works now. After multiple videos, FCPX, the degradation does not happen. It also works after I clear the Windows efi partition of the EFI folder. I wonder why it affects the boot, since I disabled all disk on boot priority other than my hackintosh.

Can you share some more details on what you actually did? Also are you sure the degradation is not there anymore? I am still having issues.

Can you share some more details on what you actually did? Also are you sure the degradation is not there anymore? I am still having issues.

Doyou have inject Intel and Fake ID 0x59120003? Have you tried inject Intel = false, and no ID 0X59120003, BUT USE IG PLATFORM ID 0X59120003? Switch the ID for ig and Inject Intel + false. See if you get KBLgraphics instead of HD 630.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back