Contribute
Register

RX 580 FCPX video rendering issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost Solved! (I hope).
The problem was with the iGpu ID. In my case for skylake processor and Intel HD 530 I found that the correct ig-platform-id is 0x19120001 (thanks mythamp).
Now I can use FCPX and Compressor with H264-H265 export.

Only issue I still have is when the hack awakes from sleep FCPX hangs and cannot load again if I make a force quit. Same for compressor. I need to reboot and then everything run again.

Thanks guys!!!
I have a Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H with CPU Intel 1150 i5-4570 (igpu HD4600) and graphics card Sapphire Pulse rx580
Before fcpx only shared master files prores422, now everything works!
Bruce X h264: 26 seconds

.... I set it like this:
MULTIBEAST
- installed intelgrapichsfixup.kext
CLOVER
- inject intel enabled
- platform-id 0x01620005 (HD4600)
BIOS
- PCIe set as primary
- IGPU memory allocation of 64MB
- DVMT memory pre. 128MB

BOOM :mrgreen:

So glad I found this post! 4790k, MSI Armor mk2 580 8gb. 14 sec bruce x and 142k on geekbench.
I was getting similar results before, but I would randomly get black screens on the 580 right after boot. Would usually take me 3-4 boots before it worked, but now I'm good. Thank you!

Hey again, lets make sure you followed the steps:

DSDT Patch: GFX0->IGPU

Try Devices->Add Properties:
Device: IntelGFX Key: AAPL,GfxYTile Value: 0AAAAA00 Type: DATA

Graphics: Inject Intel + ig-platform-id : 0x59120003

Kexts:
IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
Lilu.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

EDIT:
make sure you have the -disablegfxfirmware argument enabled
will this work without iGpu, my mobo is c232.

I update my OSx to 10.13.6 and install new GPU Sapphire Radeon RX580 Pulse 8GB. I notice that FCPX has rendering issues with exporting H264, ProRes works fine, BruceX test is 14s... if I bench with Geekbench OpenCL right after booth I get around 145555, but if I test after 1 hour it drops to 44000... GPU fans are not working, works just one occasionally, its also producing some weird sizzling noises, when I have connected three monitors.

Do you have any ideas how to solve this problems, thank you for your help! :)

Thank you so much, I had the same FCPX glitching issue,as well as performance degrade, and it drove me nuts. After followed your steps, it works. Only thing is I had to use -disablegfxfirmware upon booting, otherwise I would have a long booting time, a -v boot shows it has "Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #" error after I enabled iGPU.

Guys, sorry for stupid question. I'm just starting out. Where should I do the "-disablegfxfirmware" part? Do I need to edit some file?

enabling iGPU helped me for my degradation problems. But now booting takes 2-3min.

UPDATE
Ok, found it.

Last edited:
I am having trouble with my Hackintosh build for Final Cut. I have a Gigabit Z270M-D3H with a 7700K and 16gigs DDR4 I had it up and running with the onboard video. and was working well and would render well but was very slow. So I decided to go with a Radeon RX 580. I was able to install the card disable the onboard video. system profiler show it as a RaDeon Pro 580 and hardware acceleration seams to be working. My Geekbench opencl score 136147 so I think I have everything working but when i render the same file I did from before the video card install it is has a lot of artifacts and pixelation. Before the RX 580 the video would render without these issues. Not sure what I could be missing.
@wjones1972 did you solve the artefacts/pixelation issue? I'm having the same thing in fcpx when I use effects or transitions.. Before rendering video is fine, but after rendering it's all messed up.

Update:
FIXED

Last edited:
I install new GPU Sapphire Radeon RX580 Pulse 8GB, I notice that GPU fans are not working properly. When the system boot in the High Sierra 10.13.6, fans will stop spinning and after 5 minutes just one fan starts to spin and producing some weird annoying sizzling noises.

Except that everything works fine I run four HD monitors and I have very good results on BruceX, Geekbench test and also FCPX export H.264 with no problem. My PSU is Corsair RM650X.

Do you have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Thank you for your help!

I'm also having issues with H.264 and VERY SLOW H.265 exports. I was able to make it export once but it was a bit slow, so I tried something else, it didn't export anymore, I tried the same previous config and it never exported again.

GA-Z77-DS3H - 3570K Ivy Bridge - HD4000 - RX 480
Lilu + Whatever Green (from what I've read, the latest version already have the Intel Fixup embedded)
ACPI: GFX0 > IGPU
BOOT: -disablegfxfirmware
DEVICE: IntelGFX
GRAPHICS: ig-platform-id: 0x0166000a (HD4000 desktop recommendation) and Inject Intel
SMBIOS: I've tried almost every definition, from imac13,2 and beyond and macpro5,1 and 6,1, but maybe there is a correct combination.

I've read about a iMac19,1 but there is no such option on Multibeast.

I've tried a lot of different things but I'm using INIT DISPLAY as PEG but Integrated Graphics ENABLED gets in a boot loop without ever booting into Mac OS. So on BIOS I'm letting Integrated Graphics as AUTO and 32MB because that seems the recommendation for my 3570K HD4000.

I wanted to be able to use Quick Sync and be able to render H.264 and H.265.

Can somebody help me?

I'm also having issues with H.264 and VERY SLOW H.265 exports. I was able to make it export once but it was a bit slow, so I tried something else, it didn't export anymore, I tried the same previous config and it never exported again.

GA-Z77-DS3H - 3570K Ivy Bridge - HD4000 - RX 480
Lilu + Whatever Green (from what I've read, the latest version already have the Intel Fixup embedded)
ACPI: GFX0 > IGPU
BOOT: -disablegfxfirmware
DEVICE: IntelGFX
GRAPHICS: ig-platform-id: 0x0166000a (HD4000 desktop recommendation) and Inject Intel
SMBIOS: I've tried almost every definition, from imac13,2 and beyond and macpro5,1 and 6,1, but maybe there is a correct combination.

I've read about a iMac19,1 but there is no such option on Multibeast.

I've tried a lot of different things but I'm using INIT DISPLAY as PEG but Integrated Graphics ENABLED gets in a boot loop without ever booting into Mac OS. So on BIOS I'm letting Integrated Graphics as AUTO and 32MB because that seems the recommendation for my 3570K HD4000.

I wanted to be able to use Quick Sync and be able to render H.264 and H.265.

Can somebody help me?

MacOS wants 64mb for the IGPU.

I tried 32MB, 64MB, 128MB, 512MB, 1024MB.

Same result, but for now, I will let it be at 64MB. But does using more than 64MB help with performance?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back