Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am having trouble with my Hackintosh build for Final Cut. I have a Gigabit Z270M-D3H with a 7700K and 16gigs DDR4 I had it up and running with the onboard video. and was working well and would render well but was very slow. So I decided to go with a Radeon RX 580. I was able to install the card disable the onboard video. system profiler show it as a RaDeon Pro 580 and hardware acceleration seams to be working. My Geekbench opencl score 136147 so I think I have everything working but when i render the same file I did from before the video card install it is has a lot of artifacts and pixelation. Before the RX 580 the video would render without these issues. Not sure what I could be missing.

I have bad results on Unity as well with my Rx 580, and good benchmarks, very annoying! i got this card for native support

My OpenCL score is only 40K! Something must be wrong, am I missing something

Last edited:
@MatiCohen, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Updated..

Do you have any knowledge of this? If i bench with geekbench opencl right after boot i get a good score. but after 1 hour or so it drops to 40k. maybe throttling?

I have noticed the same thing. If i run geekbench right after boot I get 135000 type open gl score but if I test after running for some time it drops to like 44000.

I have noticed the same thing. If i run geekbench right after boot I get 135000 type open gl score but if I test after running for some time it drops to like 44000.

I Found a fix, you need to enable iGPU in the bios, but choose PCIE as primary, load up intelgrapichsfixup.kext and inject intel, platform-id 0x59120003 for connectorless state.
you should be good!

I tried your suggestion but It makes my boot time 10 times longer just sits at the apple logo for a long time. and after running it for about 30min i got a very low score again. I must be missing something.

I tried your suggestion but It makes my boot time 10 times longer just sits at the apple logo for a long time. and after running it for about 30min i got a very low score again. I must be missing something.
I believe the iGPU driver is not loading, try to boot with -v , this happened to me when i forgot to injectIntel.
check your config.plist,

Also make sure your changing GFX0 to IGPU in clover configurator

I am getting the exact same problem. Unfortunately, in High Sierra. I cannot get the IGPU to boot with the RX580 at the exact same time. Most people recommend disabling it.

I'll get an OPENCL benchmark of 144,000.... then after a while.. it goes back to 50,000.... going to sleep.. then waking fixes it.. but only temporarily... pretty frustrating unforunately : )

Tried your fixes, MatiCohen.. and.. so far no good. Can you post your EFI, and your Config.plist by any chance?

Don't give up my friend, i've had the exact same problem, as soon as you play a video the degradation begins, u lose x3 of the performance.

this is the only thing that fixed it for me, you have to boot igpu with the rx580, make sure you have igpu memory allocation of 64MB, if you can't control that, try IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup kext.

i've uploaded my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 492
  • IntelGraphicsFixup.kext
    512 bytes · Views: 525
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back