Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> RX 580 display issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have. I started from scratch with the latest kexts I found... DP may change something, but all the ports I tried behaved the same so I doubt it honestly.

I've wondered that as well, but I'm very weary of changing my SMBIOS info since it's a migration...

What about mobo bios? Are you using UEFI boot or are you able? CSM settings etc?

Which versions of whatevergreen and Lilu are you using? "Latest kexts I found" could still be old ones, it depends where you looked.
No sorry I just wasn't near my laptop so I couldn't get the exact version. I have Lilu 1.3.3 and WEG 1.2.6. Now I just saw 1.3.5 came out a few days ago, same for 1.2.7 so of course I will try those, but since not much changed since I'm not holding my breath. But I will try!

What about mobo bios? Are you using UEFI boot or are you able? CSM settings etc?

UEFI yes, same config that's always worked with it, and what is recommended on every tutorial I've read for it. For the rest I don't know how much in detail you want me to go but CSM is disabled as the Mobo is fully UEFI. That said the video works fine all the way up to where the OS takes over; neither Windows nor the UEFI GUI has any issue with the video output.

I've also taken a quick vid of what happens in case I wasn't clear.

I really appreciate all you guy's help! I've now tried 8 different configs, swapped every possible hardware, two versions of OSX and even a fresh install from nothing. I'm ready to blow this thing up with a shotgun ffs!!!

Last edited:
@technosinner,

You stated that you've done a fresh reinstall. Can you please upload the following:
  • Compressed CLOVER folder.
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As. Then upload the resulting IOReg file.
  • Screenshot of /Library/Extensions folder.
You are using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi. Have you tried the standard "AptioMemoryFix" driver? Gigabyte motherboards (at least the more recent ones) work very well with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 in combination with "slide=0" (in Boot Args).

Some questions:
  • When are you expecting the new graphics card?
  • Are you using any video adapters (such as HDMI to DVI adapter)? Or are you using straight HDMI-to-HDMI cable?
  • Even the DVI port produces the same glitch?

Last edited:
I see something in Devices/Properties for IG platform, is it forcing the kexts?

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 7.05.36 PM.png

I see something in Devices/Properties for IG platform, is it forcing the kexts?

View attachment 394909
Those settings affect only the IGPU because they're applied to PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0). There are several additional suspicious settings and files in the original CLOVER folder that was posted, hence I think we should examine the most recent configuration.

Those settings affect only the IGPU because they're applied to PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0). There are several additional suspicious settings and files in the original CLOVER folder that was posted, hence I think we should examine the most recent configuration.

If it's forcing the IGPU or trying to without it enabled in other clover/graphics settings or in bios could this be a possible cause?

If it's forcing the IGPU or trying to without it enabled in other clover/graphics settings or in bios could this be a possible cause?
The IOReg output will indicate whether IGPU is enabled. If it's disabled in BIOS, it should not matter because WhateverGreen will detect the absence of device GFX0 in IOReg.

The SMBIOS section is incomplete and yet "Trust" is checked on. Product Model "iMac14,2" should be used as a starting point instead of iMac13,2. There are still other issues...

Read all your replies; I'll get the info up ASAP but I'm working evenings this week and transitioning employers next week (hopefully) so I got my hands full.

But, as an FYI, I installed another GPU tonight and got the same issues, so the silver lining I guess is that it's definitely NOT a GPU related hardware issue... I'm just starting to worry my Mobo and/or CPU might just not be compatible somehow. Just can't figure out why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back