Contribute
Register

RX 580 and Mojave Upgrade to ASUS Z170 Deluxe Skylake System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news... still no Bluetooth
I followed the instructions and moved all my kexts from Library/Extensions to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other... for anyone else that wants to do the same...
  • Open Terminal and run the following commands to delete the existing kexts... the link that @Shanghaidaddy posted shows you how to create a list of all of your 3rd party kexts, but assuming you have the same install as me, these are the kexts that need moved
    • sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/AirportBrcmFixup.kext
    • sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext
    • sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
    • sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
    • sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
    • sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/USBInjectALL.kext
    • sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext
    • sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext
    • sudo rm -rf /Library/Extensions/IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • Use cVad’s Kext Utility to create new cache
  • Use Clover Configurator to Mount the EFI Partition, and load all of the kexts listed above to the "EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other" folder
  • Restart
Bluetooth Troubleshooting1.png

@ABaller, MacMan wrote a script to move the kexts a while ago. See his thread:

@ABaller, MacMan wrote a script to move the kexts a while ago. See his thread:

I saw that, but it seemed a little too "beta" and I didn't want to break anything

Last edited:
I saw that, but it seemed a little too "beta" and I didn't want to break anything

Add BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, replace BrcmPatchRam2.kext with BrcmPatchRam3.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext with BrcmFirmwareData.kext, as instructed by Acidanthera here https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM.

Keep in mind that BrcmPatchRAM3.kext also requires BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext to be installed. Starting with macOS 10.15, this is the only supported configuration because due to framework changes BrcmPatchRAM.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext are incompatible with macOS 10.15. In case you forget to install BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, Bluetooth will appear to be available but it won't work at all.

Hope this works.

Add BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, replace BrcmPatchRam2.kext with BrcmPatchRam3.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext with BrcmFirmwareData.kext, as instructed by Acidanthera here https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM.

Hope this works.
That works perfectly... I tried Airdrop and Airplay to my AirPods... Perfect!! Thank you

Just for documentation sake...
  • Mount your EFI using Clover Configurator
  • Navigate to EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other and delete the following
    • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
    • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • DOWNLOAD the following Kexts and put them in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other
    • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext (2.5.1)
    • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext (2.5.1)
    • BrcmFirmwareData.kext (2.5.1)

You're welcome.

That works perfectly... I tried Airdrop and Airplay to my AirPods... Perfect!! Thank you

Just for documentation sake...
  • Mount your EFI using Clover Configurator
  • Navigate to EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other and delete the following
    • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
    • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • DOWNLOADthe following Kexts and put them in EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other
    • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext (2.5.1)
    • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext (2.5.1)
    • BrcmFirmwareData.kext (2.5.1)

Hey! I've also have exactly the same build as yours, you wrote once to my build at Insanelymac about a problem with your BT.

Now I have a strange issue that I cannot resolve anyhow. I'm using an USB 7.1 Headphone for Discord, etc., and, if I open/use an application that uses my USB headsets mic, the audio (and the mic sound) start chopping/cutting and distorted. After a while, I can only fix this by replugging my headset.

I have two idea about this: 1st is USB power issue and 2nd is CPU timing issue.
I have SSDT for my i7-6700K (w/out OC), and created an SSDT-UIAC for my USB's but same things over and over again. If I stop using the application that uses my mic, the problem disappears.

Do you have this issue? (since we have the same build). Or could you please test me and debug?

It's really annoying because I'm using Discord very often. and I don't really want to replug my USB and select the output every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back